What's new

Ryko Presoak issue

DavidM

Reaction score
I have a Ryko Softgloss that isn't applying presoak. It doesn't seem to be injecting the presoak into the water stream. The blue-white pump is pumping and I checked the injector/check valve and it looks ok.

Is it possibly for a Blue-White to pump product when there is no back pressure but not be able to pump enough to open the check valve?

David

soapy

Reaction score
When I had the blue white pumps and they did not pump it was almost always that one or both both check valves were not working. I would take the check valves out and gut them and use 2 john guest push lock check valves. One in bottom and one on top in the flow direction. Seem to hold up mush better and last much longer also a lot cheaper and easier to replace.

Ryko CS

Reaction score
If you remove the polytube from the top of the blue-white pump, put your finger over the top and run it using the manual switch. If both check valves (inlet and outlet) are good, you won't be able to hold back the pressure. If either is bad or needs cleaned, you will be able to hold it back with pressure from your finger.