What's new

ryko OHD trolley gearbox

vinh

Reaction score
I have 2001 OHD that tripped Q2 breaker. Reset the machine and breaker but the arm will not go home. Make a humming noise that the motor is working but I thing gearbox for arm is broken. Arm will not rotate or go left and right. Gantry goes back and forth OK. Anyhow, never did this repair before and so looking for advice. Should I get distributor out and let them fix it or try on my own and buy parts from astromatic. Anyone know the difficulty of changing gearbox?

I was thinking of disconnecting the motor from gearbox (four bolts) and seeing if motor turn and run. The gearbox installation I don't know. Any help appreciated.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Vihn-

Q2 Breaker is for the Trolley motor, more then likely it is the motor not the gearbox also it could be a broken keystock between the gearbox and motor.

vinh

Reaction score
After I reset the Q2 breaker it does not trip again. Arm just doesn't want to move to get back to home. I hope it is just the keystock.

soapy

Reaction score
Sometimes the arm will get confused and think it is on the wrong side of the gantry and won't move. Turn the arm so that you can pull the arm to the middle of the machine by hand. This will let it clear the prox switch plates. Then you should be avle to drive it to the home position.

vinh

Reaction score
you were right soapy. Arm was not at home. There's toggle switch in control panel that was put in just for this case so I can move arm to right place. Gearbox still working but when arm turns it makes a loud scraping noise. I hope it last. thanks for help

soapy

Reaction score
If your gear box is leaking oil add some oil to the gear box. They will run for a long time if you keep oil in them.