What's new

ryko OHD trolley gearbox help

vinh

Reaction score
Has anyone changed an OHD arm gearbox. OHD's arm when rotating counterclockwise to go around cars make a rough grinding noise and stuttering movements. If arm rotates clockwise it rotates fine. Last week Q2 breaker was tripped. Today machine is down because arm haivng trouble rotating to turn around the cars.

Is changing the gearbox a big task?
Any instructions will be appreciated.

I bought a used OHD machine for parts and considering swapping out the entire arm assembly (swivel, weldment, rollers, gearbox, motor, arm )? Is that possible?

Thanks ahead.

ajdingo

Reaction score
Its not hard, first remove the motor 4 screws.the gear box has teeth also the brush arm that meets. When you get a new gear box you see what to do. Ensure main pwer is off.

vinh

Reaction score
thanks for the advice. I will start tomorrow. Will take out the old motor and gearbox apart twice since I am using a old low wash count machine for parts. I was going to try to transfer the whole assembly but will just fix the gearbox for now.

vinh

Reaction score
How do you take the T-weldement off the gearbox. Seems like I would need to take the swivel off. Loosen a collar off the T weldment above the gearbox. Then looks like gearbox has two square screws that tighten into the weldment below the gearbox.

This looks complicated and any help appreciated.

ajdingo

Reaction score
I just change one today. I have a softgloss xs. Off the power disconnect line to motor then disconnect the four screw gear box to motor be careful motor is heavy. Then unscrew the four bolt gear box to arm. Be careful when you are on your last two screw gear box will be lose. when on last screw unbolt carefuly when all out, just remove by carrying upward

ajdingo

Reaction score
If you need to change the weldment unlose the square screw use a puller to take off the weldment.

vinh

Reaction score
after 16 hr of straight work with 1 ft long subway sandwich the job is done. I took my motor and gearbox and the t weldment off my unit and also took the same of a used machine and installed in on my unit. It work nicely. no leaks and no more gearbox noise. thanks for you help.

vinh

Reaction score
How to Take gearbox and weldment assembly apart.

1) take off motor cover.
2) take off 4 motor screws and motor. Disconnect wires to motor.
3) take off 2 screws for proximity switch plate with switch.
4) take off L inverted arm off weldment. Loosen short arm from long arm. loosen hex nut collar to take long arm from weldment. Wiggle back and forward helps.
5) Turn swivel off the weldment bushing. Do not turn the bushing of will damage gearbox.
6) Remove 4 gearbox bolts and nuts and assemble will fall down.

Will need two monster wrench.