What's new

Ryko OHD Problem

ibspuds

Reaction score
I would like your input on my problem. When a car enters the bay and gets to the first set of gantry ultrasonics (UT) it tells the driver on the CMD ?Back up Slowly? or today, immediately when the wash is armed and vehicle is still outside of bay it tells the driver on the CMD ?Back up Slowly?. Christmas eve I had the same problem so the Ryko tech and I swapped out the left side UT. As added information, we used the new blue round style UT, so now I have the new blue round UT on the left and the old grey rectangle UT on the right. This worked fine until the next day then I started having the same problem. I shut down the bay the remainder of the day. The next day I tested the bay and it worked flawlessly all day. I have not had any trouble since day after Christmas until yesterday, New Years Eve day, it happened to one car and after resetting the manual open/closed switch in the bay it work flawlessly until this morning. Now I have the same problem but nothing I do can correct it, as soon as your arm the wash the CMD immediately tells the vehicle to ?Back up Slowly? and the car isn?t even in the bay yet. I got my hand held and this is what I have found. D22 is very irraddict anywhere from K38-K120, D23 is also very irradicte anywhere from K55-K120, D24 is steady at K55&K56, and D25 is also steady at K59&K60. Also note that D864 is K179 which is exactly what the bay width is. When I checked my other automatic both the D23&D24 are steady at K89. So I assume that my problem is in one of the side UT, can you use the old style and new style together? Is it probable that the new round left side UT defective? Is the right side UT now bad? What do you think?

Also note, the wash was extremely busy while the bay was in operation, with little to no breaks in between cars.

Thank you for any advice,
Tim

jamesd

Reaction score
Take a closer look at the front ultra sonic sensors. The left and right u.s. sensors are used to center the vehicle in the bay and will cause steer left or right messages to be displayed if the vehicle is not centered correctly on entry. When a vehicle enters the wash bay the front u.s. sensors are used to determine if the vehicle has driven to deep into the bay and if so the message display will alert the customer to back up. Also, if you have a grate under the machine and water is not draining fast enough due to the volume of washes when busy this could be causing false u.s. readings.

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
Back up slowly before the vehicle enters would be caused by the front ultra sonics. What program are you running?

ibspuds

Reaction score
Problem solved, I think.

Service tech and I found the right side UT bad so replaced it, then tested the wash with the same results. Finally we determined that the new left side UT was indeed defective so we replaced that. Carwash has been running problem free for 2 1/2 busy days now. I believe our problem is solved. Thanks to everyone for the advise. Have a prosperous year!