What's new

Ryko OHD gantry stuck - will not move

djlamp17

Reaction score
Hello all...another fun one with the Ryko 2001 OHD overhead unit.

received a customer call the wash went down, the gantry is stuck near the rear of the vehicle. I turn the unit to "Closed" to try to 'Home' the system. The gantry will only move in the rear direction, and there is less than a foot of travel, so i move it all the way to the rear. It will not move forward or the arm will not move left to right, only rotate clock-wise (will not rotate counter clockwise). I got a code 12, cleaned photo-eyes by wiping them down, then a I reset the system, turned system power off. Came back up all looks good system starts up takes payment and wash initiates (while gantry is still at rear of wash bay. The wash will try to start but the gantry will not move. The arm rotates into position, but the overhead gantry will not move front to back or left to right. Then I get code 35.

I think the system is "stuck" in some sequence....any ideas to test?

Ryko CS

Reaction score
It most likely had a flicker of one of the endstop proxes while it was in a cycle causing it to be out of sequence.

Please try removing wire 45 from PLC input X51, and also wire 46 from PLC input X53. This should allow you to manually drive the gantry. Drive it to the middle of the track, reinstall the wires, then drive it home. This should resolve the issue

djlamp17

Reaction score
I removed wires...how do I manually move? Do I need to physically disconnect the belts and push the gantry to the middle?

Ryko CS

Reaction score
No. Just use the forward/reverse drive switches. Without the endstop proxes being connected, that will likely allow the machine to move.

What can happen is that if you have a machine that is driving reverse, and the front endstop prox flickers for some reason, the machine knows it's out of sequence, but does't know what direction it can travel. By removing those inputs, it should be clear to where it thinks it's in the middle already.

Etowah

soapy

Reaction score
I just had similar on one of my touchless rykos. K3 is the drive forward relay for anyone needing this info.

Reaction score
I remember the XS1 days. Childhood car washes now abandoned because some new owners took over the gas stations.