What's new

Ryko OHD - faulting on front corner of car

djlamp17

Reaction score
So here we go again :)...i do enjoy learning and fixing these problem.

So the OHD faults on the passenger side front of the car at the initiation of PASS 1. I am sure it is a sensor or proxy...so I attached a video of the IO panel....any help my friends?!?!?

Description of wash while faulting....gantry approached car like normal...trolley arm comes in towards car around the side mirror (typical)...Arm travels forward to front of car and faults. Resets it self back to the side mirror location, goes to front of car, turns to sweep right to left on front bumper, then faults about 1-2 feet in this sweep, and then the overhead rinse kicks in, and sign says please exit wash...thank you.

Ryko CS

Reaction score
Can you send a video of it happening during the wash? Does your machine have 6 ultrasonic sensors up on the gantry, or does it have 4 on the gantry and 2 on the side walls (or stands near the walls)?

djlamp17

Reaction score
All ultrasonics are up in the gantry...I have photoeyes on the walls. ...will get a video tonight

Ryko CS

Reaction score
Thanks. The video will help. After it detects the right side, it should drive forward waiting for the front ultrasonic sensors to detect the floor. Once it does, it should rotate until the two front rotate prox inputs are detected (X42 and X43 should be on). Once that happens, the arm should drive from right to left. If the front ultrasonics aren't detecting the floor, the machine would shut down and go into the emergency rinse as described. If it finds the floor in front of the vehicle then starts to rotate, that sounds more like X43 likely isn't turning on, so it also would go into an e-rinse and ask the customer to leave. If you have an HPP programming console, you would likely see "in step too long" diagnostics codes.

djlamp17

Reaction score
I tried to get a video of it yesterday, and it is an intermittent problem...works fine right now..🤷‍♂️ I will wait for it to fault which will happen over the weekend and upload a video....the machine does operate as you state above...

But looking at the video, i do not see X42 of X43 lighting up.

Last edited:

Ryko CS

Reaction score
When the arm is to the passenger side, you should have X41 (arm rotate right rear) and X42 (arm rotate right front) on. When it makes that turn to wash the front, you should lose X41, X42 should stay on, and X43 (arm rotate left front) should come on. Attached is a schematic.

Attachments

DiamondWash

Reaction score
It looks like the Arm Tilt Sensor may be shorting out, the same thing would happen when a customer would try to use our OHD with a plow blade and the arm would hit it then reset and the gantry would drive forward to try and clear the obstacle.

djlamp17

Reaction score
Looks like the tilt sensor was the issue...chased it to a kinked wire in gantry..I need to replace the wire.

Thanks for the tip!

Mrsuds

Reaction score
Call me tomorrow 10/25 and I can show you how I fixed my issue. It looks like we had the same problem.

Michael Grubka
Owner at Mr Suds
315-427-2389