What's new

Ryko OHD down. need help.

vinh

Reaction score
I had 2001 US OHD. After a wash all of a sudden inside display panel is not lit. The machine is at home. I tried to reset the machine and still inside display is not on. I check the handheld and the plc error code is two dashes (--). The two digit error code panel in the auto bay has no power to it. This has never happen. I can't get the arm to do anything with it. the plc is normal except y75 is not lit. y75 correspond to- exit door open, k6. The auto cashier says "car wash unit busy please wait".
I have try to reset the machine and auto cashier still same problems.
what is y75 ? Why is it not lit?

thanks ahead.
My distributor Pesco now does not service Ryko. They switch to Sonny's. Not I have to wait to get Ryko Direct account setup for service. Nearest ryko service guy is now 2 1/2 hrs away. Sucks.

soapy

Reaction score
Try to manually pull the arm to the middle of the gantry. Then try to pull the gantry manually to the middle of the bay. I have seen the OHD get confused to and think it is at the back of the bay when it is not or the gantry thinks the wash arm is on the wrong side of the machine. Also make sure you reset the VF drive and the grey button on the Q1 overload.

vinh

Reaction score
x53 was lit also. which was back end prox switch lit. Ryko service guy told me to disconnect x 51 and x53 and then I was a bay to move gantry. I realize now that if your reset machine with x51 and x53 lit it will cause this problems. x53 was lit before and machine will work. But if x53 is lit and you reset machine this is what happen. You are right again Soapy. You told me this similar problem before. Anyhow, ryko coming out tomorrow to change timer setting to prevent this.

vinh

Reaction score
x53 was lit also. which was back end prox switch lit. Ryko service guy told me to disconnect x 51 and x53 and then I was able to move gantry. I realize now that if your reset machine with x51 and x53 lit it will cause this problems. x53 was lit before and machine will work. But if x53 is lit and you reset machine this is what happen. You are right again Soapy. You told me this similar problem before. Anyhow, ryko coming out tomorrow to change timer setting to prevent gantry from stopping at home and lighting x53.

soapy

Reaction score
Now that you have it working correctly open your cabinet and manually turn the power switch back with the cabinet door open. The machine will now be ready for a wash and all the correct lights on the PLC will be on. Mark each light that is on with a sharpie. The next time you have a problem you can look at the lights and see which lights are not as they should be. Then you can use this information to quickly isolate the problem. By manually moving the machine like I said you clear the proxes off the sensor plates and reset the machine. This way you do not have to unhook wires. If you can't manually move the machine then unhooking the wire and driving the machine will work.

vinh

Reaction score
Ryko came today. Pesco's old service manager, Don, came as Ryko direct service tech. He first changed the timer settings. Then I had the same problem. Outside display became blank again but y 20-23 was lit on plc. After checking voltage determine bad Plc. Luckily I bought a used machine for parts. Changed to another used plc and after 4 hrs machine appears to working right for now. Actually the plc body was changed. Took Eprom and memory board off my old plc and placed on a spare plc body.

The new Ryko is a lot better. You can buy parts direct now. They charge $72.50 an hour for service.

vinh

Reaction score
I did a search and found RDM industrial electronics, inc. www.rdm.net The home office is Nebo, NC though. Not Texas. Is this the place you meant. I see a link with Ryko and PDQ stuff.

vinh

Reaction score
PLC Fixed. (swap with new)

Yup, RDM electronics from Nebo, NC. They fix a lot of car wash electronics. Got my refurbished Mitsubishi FX2N-128mr back today. I sent in a used broken one and they sent me a like new PLC when the got my core. Cost is $495 for a swap. I think that is a bargain. Great site. Thanks Soapy.

http://www.rdmstore.net/servlet/StoreFront