What's new

Ryko OHD down again

vinh

Reaction score
I have problem with ultrasonic sensors. 2 digit code is 74. four digit code is 1002 (vehicle not is bay correctly, object in bay, fail or failing ultrasonic).

prior to activating a wash the is a blinking light at X input 1 ( correspond to L ultrasonic sensor). Normally this is solid light. when activating a wash, drive forward goes on the display and then when car stops for the buzzer the wash stay in this mode. The wash just stays in the blinking stop on the display . Arm does not move and does not start presoak. Stays in stop mode. I reset the machine ten times and one time it start the wash after stop on menu display for 30 second. During the wash arm run and hit left side on car and have to readjust. I then try wash again and stuck in stop mode on the menu display.
Does the blinking input 1 light corresponds to L wall ultrasonic? I thinking this is the problem but hate to pay $700 for the ultrasonic if it is something else. machine is 9 years old and never have wall ultrasonic failed yet. any help is appreciated. thanks ahead.

soapy

Reaction score
You have not had a wall ultrasonic problem in 9 years and you say its down again? I think you are having good luck with the wall unltrasonics. I have had to replace a couple on my 2 OHDs in 7 years. The units like yours that use wall ultrasonics are better than the new style OHDs that measure from the gantry ultrasonics.

vinh

Reaction score
Thanks for making me feel better that I got an older machine that has not break down much. I did replace 3 US emmitter and 1 US reciever in 5 years. Anyhow, I got service guy to come out and they agree that it is the left wall US. Got it next day fedex from Ryko for tomorrow. They don't make square US any more they said round ones are what they use now. is that true??

soapy

Reaction score
The new wall units are round. The older OHds wash a car about 30 seconds faster since they size the car much quicker than the new ones. I have 2 old style and 4 new style ones and I wish they all were the old style with wall mount ultrasonics.

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
The loss of the wall mounted ultra sonics was a result of the PDQ law suit over "artwork" 7 years ago. Ryko changed them to the arm mount before they won the case. The round US's fit a few applications, your wall mounts are the same ones used on the soft gloss.