What's new

RYKO OHD Code 14

djlamp17

Reaction score
I had an instance of a van leaving the washbay before the wash ended and the van caused some damage. The Gantry was at the front of the van at start of wash, and the van pulled forward, out of the wash area. the Gantry continued to tavel to the rear, and stopped cuz no vehicle detected. The driver of the van then reversed back through the entrance of the carwash. The van's top hit the wash arm, and did some damage and pushed up the ultrasonic mount. This was all fixed and ready to go, but I still have a CODE 14 error. I loosened the belts on the gantry and manually pushed it to the front of the wash. Still I cannot get the error CODE 14 to clear and the gantry does not move forward and backward. I swapped out the K-12 relay thinking that may help, but nothing. I know it has something to do with the end stop, but not sure. Any ideas?

Note this is the 2001 RYKO OHD.

Thanks,
Dave

Ryko CS

Reaction score
Dave, it sounds like your machine got lost because of the vehicle being out of position, and the PLC is expecting different inputs to be on. If it knows it stopped at the rear, and you pushed it home, it is thinking that PLC input X53 (rear endstop) should be on. By pushing it to the front, you probably have input X51 (front endstop) on. If correct, just remove the wire going to X51 at the PLC, and drive the machine back maybe 10' on the tracks. Reconnect the wire to X51, then you should be able to drive it forward and let it come on naturally. This should resolve the issue if everything else is correct.