What's new

ryko maintance contract

soapy

Reaction score
I have used a maintenance contract since I started 20 years ago. At first my distributo offered it free for the first year after a purchase. They would come monthly. Once I had to start paying for it I have them come every 3 or 4 months. I feel it has been worth it as I have very little down time because a good tech will often see things about ready to go out and I can preorder parts or have it fixed before it shuts me down. The key is to have a good tech and not some flunky who is just learning. I pay $250 per automatic partly because they have to drive 300 miles to get to me.

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
Unless you feel very comfortable doing routine maintenance yourself you probably don't need a maintenance contract but generally I have found them to be a very good move if you have a decent distributor with experienced techs. As Soapy said they can help avoid downtime by spotting potential issues before they cause a shutdown. That in itself is probably worth it.

mac

Reaction score
Wow, they drive 300 miles and only charge $250. Don't see how they can make money at that. Take advantage of it while you can.

soapy

Reaction score
I have 5 automatics and they also do others in the same trip along the way.