What's new

Ryko: losing communication between AMTT-CS and site server

BenW@JCCW

Reaction score
All three of my sites periodically experience a loss of communication between the coin boxes and the site server. At least I believe it is losing communication.

Codes cannot be validated and credit cards cannot be authorized. No error messages are present.

Rebooting the site server resolves the problem. The issue will typically reoccur within a week at my busiest site and every two or three weeks at the lower volume sites.

Always happens on weekends and when I am at home. Anyone else experiencing this problem?

BenW@JCCW

Reaction score
No, there no error codes or alarms. Everything appears normal and the echelon stick appears to be functioning too.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Have you checked to see if your CAW's have any updates posted?

On the Main Screen go to: "Setup Menu" then "Exit" and if there are updates available there will be a box below "Set Startup Options" with "Software Updates Available" if not just press the "Start" button to restart CAW program.

BenW@JCCW

Reaction score
They are current. I have been proactively rebooting the servers weekly in hope of preventing the problem from happening. I reboot the server in the manner you described.

Ryko CS

Reaction score
When a customer enters their code, it sends a request to the Site Server for validation. It should return a message back across RykoNet to the coinbox if it's a good code. What Steve is trying to show you above is in the lower portion of the screen. If the Site Server can't talk to the coinbox, it will turn that bay red. Same if it can't talk to the PLC of the machine. They should normally be green.

For credit card processing, are you processing through the Site Server, or do you have InstaGuard? If you are processing through the Site Server, that communication would travel across RykoNet as well through the Site Server.

You can go into the Site Server setups, and go to the RykoNet tab to run a test. It should show you everything on the network as it performs the test. You can also go into the AMTTCS and perform a similar test.

If it doesn't pass the test, first place to look should be all the 701/702 connections throughout the system. If you have a loose/broken wire, that could cause it to be intermittent as you described.

You can also view your 4 digit diagnostics codes from the Site Server. From the main page, go to "Reports" and look under the "Carwash" tab. It should give some guidance to what is happening.

Last edited:

BenW@JCCW

Reaction score
Yes, completely understand all that. Everything appears normal. John H happened to be onsite once in January when it happened. He ran the RykoNet tests. Everything appeared okay. We replaced the site server at that time but the issue persists.

Ryko CS

Reaction score
If that's the case, I'd recommend looking at all the network wiring to make sure its Belden 8760 (no substitutes). There should be a ground rod going directly to the network interface box as well so all the network wiring shields can be connected. note that those shields should ONLY be connected to that solid ground in the network box. It should not be connected on both ends or you could get a ground loop and induce noise in the system.