What's new

Ryko Instaguard and Heartland Payment systems update for paystations

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Does anybody here have the Instaguard system from Ryko using Heartland Payment systems as a C.C processor?. My credit cards are being rejected and I come to find out that I either update the software for $600 per bay which might not work I'm told or I can spend close to $3k for new equipment with the update included. My question is has anybody done the software update and did it work?.

Last edited:

Ryko CS

Reaction score
As PCI requirements change, processors continue to evolve their software to meet those requirements. Last summer, Authorize.net advised their customers that they were updating their servers to require TLS ver 1.2 to process cards to meet those updated standards. Ryko similarly had to update our software to send transactions to Authorize.net using TLS 1.2 so Authorize.net would process those cards.

This summer, Heartland reportedly advised their customers they were also updating their systems to communicate using TLS 1.2 as well. The software update we deployed for InstaGuard to use TLS 1.2 for Auth.net will also work for Heartland. It just wasn't required until Heartland forced this change.

If the software update doesn't allow it to work, you won't be invoiced.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Well I'm happy to say the Software Update did work and I'm back to accepting credit cards again. :D