What's new

Ryko Code 77

whitebirch

Reaction score
Can someone educate me on what error code 77 is and how do I fix it? It says Dryer Flow Sw Failure.

Thanks

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
The dryer "flags" are in the thrust pro follower that contours the vehicle. These flags must turn on and off with each dry cycle. They monitor the air flow to make sure both motors are working. The flag is mounted to a limit switch and these need to be lubricated to keep them from sticking. After spraying lubricant on the pivot shaft, work the switch back and forth to make sure it will move freely. If you are unable to free up the switch you may need to replace the head.

whitebirch

Reaction score
Thanks RykoPro. Both flags are mobile. Does this mean that I need to replace the switches? Are these available from Grainger, etc?

Thanks

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
If the code continues to pop up you need to watch the PLC inputs when the dryer turns on.

cscarwash

Reaction score
I believe the PC will show an error if the flag hangs for 11 or 15 seconds. So even if its slow returning, it will error out.

Etowah

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
I believe the PC will show an error if the flag hangs for 11 or 15 seconds. So even if its slow returning, it will error out.
The plc makes sure the flag turns on (both motors running so the follower will maintain proper distance from the car) and it also checks to make sure they both turn off (to ensure proper operation of both flags). Normally it only requires lubrication to remedy the problem. Wax gets sucked into the dryer and will gum up the switch after years of use.