What's new

ryko code 49

qualitycarwash

Reaction score
49: Vehicle not detected. Clean photo eyes. If condition persists, call for service.
the photo eyes are working properly I have monitor them on the plc when the vehicle exit and the auto door closes with the same set of eyes

DiamondWash

Reaction score
You have to have a backup hose to signal the customer to backup if they travel further then the pressure pad. Also make sure the photo-eyes are aligned.

qualitycarwash

Reaction score
I'm using 3 pads left and right bay and the other is for the backup signal why would I need the backup hose my CMD tell the customer to back up when they go pass the first two baybswitches and drive on this pad

Etowah

qualitycarwash

Reaction score
photo eyes seem to be fine I have watched the lights on the PLC when the car exits and the lights cycle off and on also the hub scrub work perefect lined up with wheels

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
Check both sets of photoeyes on the bottom of the frame.

qualitycarwash

Reaction score
They both open and close perfect when the vehicle is exiting maybe the tire size or the eyes adjusted up to high and seeing something low on the cars I dont get this code continuously so it could be low cars I guess. Will watch next car thats in the bay

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
You are looking at the exit door photo eyes. Check both the "entrance end tire locator" photo eye and the "exit end tire locator" photo eyes. Make sure the pressure pads are in the exact location of where the original bay switch and back up hose were. The machine must also stop in the exact location after every wash. This should be the same unless you end one of your wash packages with a different cycle than one of the other packages. If all of your wash speeds are adjusted with your end stops this is a mute point (every time a wash ends the machine should be within a half inch or closer to the bumper without slamming into it).

qualitycarwash

Reaction score
actually I was referring to the exit end and enter end photo eyes on the machine one is before the hub scrubber and one is after I have position the bay and backup pads as instructed in my installation manual that I received with the unit the machine starts and stops consistently with every wash no code 49 today . would an ultrasonic sensor be some cause it has a few issues sometimes it's reading 103-120 at rest i have it programmed at 102 and the light on the PLC at times is blinking. Im going to replace it first and see if any change.

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
Ultrasonic's on a brush machine will not give you code 49. Next time it happens, try monitoring the inputs for both sets of eyes.

Cshanehill

Reaction score
Open the electrical panel on the machine. I'm assuming this is a Soft Gloss. Step on the pressure pad closest to the exit (should be the one that is for back-up. Ensure input#25 comes on. Next block the the phot-eye at the rear of the wheel brush input #20 should go off. Next block the photo-eye on the exit side of wheel brush and input #12 should go off. Back-up pad should be about 15" from the entrance side photo-eye. It has to go off before the photo-eye detects the tire, if it does not this is why you are getting the code.

qualitycarwash

Reaction score
Problem solved after watching a few vehicles wash I notice after trucks no 49 but almost every car set the code and further investigation led me to the photo eys were about a half of inch to high dosent sound like much but adjusted down and works perfect no 49 as for the ultra sonic I didnt think it would have any thing to do with the 49 but have found the some issues are linked to another. as for the untrasonic I continue to have false readings and have one in from ordering just need to pickup and install.