What's new

Ryko charges excessively for replacement parts

AZcarwashman

Reaction score
Is it just me, or has anyone else on this forum that has a Ryko in bay automatic, amazed at how much of an up charge Ryko puts on repair/replacement parts? I have a Mark7 GT300 at one site and a Ryko Pulse at another. Ryko parts are always very overpriced. Not to mention, Ryko holds my machine hostage by not allowing me to have a CMI module to change programming and forcing me to pay for expensive Ryko techs. On the flip side, a CMI control module was included with my Mark7 and I can easily change settings to my liking without a factory tech. Any thoughts?

Jeff_L

Reaction score
Reading your post makes me happy I bought PDQ a year ago. If I have Internet access, I can login from anywhere and modify my programming. Doesn't answer your question, but I think it's ridiculous you can't even reprogram without having a service tech come out. I'd be making some calls to Ryko if I were you.

mac

Reaction score
I used to have an aftermarket parts supply business just for Ryko parts, and did quite well with it. If you are creative and have a little time, you can usually get these parts elsewhere. Ryko is like many other manufacturers in that they buy most all of the components from outside vendors. What they usually do is take a stock item and have some small inconsequential part of that made to their specs. That way you can't order THAT item, but the generic item will generally do fine. When they got wise to that they started putting only their labels on all of the parts. A little digging can save you hundreds. This is an area that operators should look at before buying any automatic. When Mark 7still had distributors the ones in Florida hardly ever had parts on the vans. This was because the factory started the part warranty when they shipped the part. So if the part sat for a while, which is common, its warranty may have already run out. Just gotta love this business.

soapy

Reaction score
I can generally find generic parts for all my Ryko parts. Most equipment mfg. like to sell you what you think are propietary parts at huge prices.