What's new

Ryko Back up switch

SuperClean

Reaction score
When a customer drives over the treadle the back up lights come on like they should. When they back up and get on the treadle the green lights Will stay on and most of the time the wash will not activate. The odd time if they do it fast and wait there then it might start but most of the time the green lights will flash and the just time out and the front door opens. Any ideas of why this would happen. Thanks

SuperClean

Reaction score
They seem ok and its only happens when they hit the back up and then back up. I think the buzzer goes off but the green lights stay on. Some times if they sit there it will start but most of the time they dont because the green light is on.

soapy

Reaction score
Have you checked the air switch to see if it is sticking. My back up switches used a air switch and air hose. Both are very cheap to replace.

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
If it only happens when the drive over the bay plate and get the back up light, I would make sure the wash stops all the way to the front of the wash (within one inch but not touching the bumper). You once told me you installed a tape switch in place of the air hose and this may be the problem. The wash uses the photo eye and the air switch together for the back up light (thus the need for the wash to be almost touching the bumper when the wash ends). If the positioning of the tape switch and the photo eye are not exact, the wash may think the rear tire is on the bay switch and the wash will not start.