What's new

Ryko amtt keypad doesnt work in the cold

Fillerup

Reaction score
Cold weather under 60 degrees generally the 789 # and 0 do not work but the other numbers do. Once the sun hits the amtt box and heats things up everything works fine. Once the sun sets its back to not working.

Any tips or suggestions?

Thanks in advance

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Sounds to me like a failing circuit board and Ryko CS will probably chime in here as well, but a replacement from carwashconsignment.com runs $220.

Fillerup

Reaction score
thank you for the input. trying to figure out each and every gremlin as of late. had a bad experience in june when we had a service done by a ryko technician. his 800$ ghetto wiring and zip tie job last less then a week.

knowing what/where he worked on i took it apart and saw it all came apart. i rewired it CORRECTLY and havent had an issue since.

since then ive had people walking into the wash slashing air hoses and a rat chewing a air hose for the left wheel scrub. well thankfully i could find everything at home depot and osh to replace fix the issues.

ive been using this site http://blueneon.xidus.net/ryko_diagnostics.html to figure out the codes and whats going on.

moving along.... this computer issue i have no idea and am really close to calling ryko back to pay an arm and a leg but figured id give one last shot on here.

please help! links suggestions anything everything. i also have a issue with my bill accepter/stacker it accepts probably 1 out of 100 bills. i took it out and covered the location. there is a local MARS service place in san francisco that i will drop it off to for service to hopefully fix the issue rather then dropping big $$ for a new replacement.

thank you again everyone

Ryko CS

Reaction score
It sounds like you have a trace in the keypad that is being shorted out by moisture. I haven't seen that issue in about 5-6 years or so, but if they keypad is showing wear, it's possible moisture can get behind it causing the short. The best remedy would be to replace the keypad.

Ryko CS

Reaction score
On an AMTT coinbox, the dipswitches on a Mars acceptor need to have 1,2,3,4,5,8 turned "ON". 6,7 should be "OFF". Power coinbox down, then back up. Try inserting a bill to see if it stacks it. If not, what is the LED on the back of the unit doing? How many times does it flash when you try to insert a bill?

You also mentioned a computer issue. What issue are you having? The 2 digit diagnostics link provided above should be the same as what is in the Owners manual for your carwash.

Fillerup

Reaction score
Thank you for the replies.

The computer issue was the numbers not working /moisture issue. Sorry for the confusion.

Ill take a look at everything tomorow morning and follow up about the bill acceptor and moisture issue.

Thanks again

Fillerup

Reaction score
Ryko cs,

I changed the numbers 1-8 on the mars acceptor as you described. I also took it apart and cleaned everything. However, it still doesnt work. The LED is on solid. I insert a bill the led briefly goes off then comes back on solid. I don't even think half the bill goes in before its ejected.

Any other ideas?

Didn't bring my heat gun again this morning. I basically want to open the amtt and heat up just the back of the digits to confirm thats where the issue lies before spending 250$ on a new keypad.

It is raining here right now so I have the perfect time to test and fix everything.

Thank you again I really appreciate yours and everyone elses knowledge.

Ryko CS

Reaction score
If the red LED is on all the time, this simply indicates power being "on". When you insert the bill, you should see it blink. If it blinks once, it indicates that the bill patch is jammed. You should try removing the magazine, and see if something is stuck somewhere. If you follow the link below, this is a copy of the installation guide from Mars related to the acceptor. This will provide some information. I am also sending you a PM with some additional info.

http://www.monstervending.com/manualspdf/mars/AE260-Upstacker-Bill-Acceptor.pdf

Fillerup

Reaction score
Also to clarify on the numbers not working.... If I press the 7, 8, or 9 it briefly shows on the screen and disappears. The automated voice even says the number. But they dont register. If I entered the code 22596 once ipress 9 it clears the screen.