What's new

Ryko AMTt CS is going out

DiamondWash

Reaction score
My Ryko AMTT color screen has turned pink I can still see the video playing but everything is pink has anybody had this happen to their AMTT CS? and what did you replace to fix it?

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
We only have 4 of these units, but have not seen this problem. Yours is at least 2 years older than any of the ones we have. I would ask Ray and see what he knows.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
It turned out to be a VGA Cable I was hoping it was something simple like that and not a new VGA board, I might as well buy one to keep on hand reason being is that I have noticed Ryko has had to build my boards when I order them I guess they are trying to keep inventory to a minimum as far as expensive boards go.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Now I have a new problem my screen has turned completely white I can hear the sound and touch the screen it works but I can't see anything, I called Ryko Customer Service and they don't even know what's wrong or what it could be I talked with 2 differant customer service reps one said I need a new retrokit for the power source(why?) other one said I need a new display yeah right a $3,000 display, it has to be a board but even Ryko doesn't know which one it could be so how am I suppose to know?

whitebirch

Reaction score
Diamond, I have had to replace two of those screens in the past two years. One for being pink and one for being white. Let me know what you find out.

WhiteBirch

DiamondWash

Reaction score
For the pink screen issue it turned out to be the VGA cable a $10 fix, as for the white screen issue the VGA board a $350 fix, I like how Ryko Customer Service aimed towards a "whole new display" for me. I had to get a internal drawing of the unit to issolate the board and replace the cause of the problem.

whitebirch

Reaction score
Do you think that I have a snow ball's chance of getting some credit from Ryko for their laziness on the two that I had replaced?

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Do you still have the old screens? reason being is that I can test them at the factory and get the answer you are looking for.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
This is getting Ridiculous now my screen has a black burnt like shape on the center of the screen due to the sun and if I cover the screen for a couple of mins it goes away and slowly comes back until the sun is not on the screen, it's the newest color screen Ryko has for the AMTT CS and I hear we are having company (potential Ryko Buyers) coming over later this should be a interesting piece to discuss with everybody while they are here. Anybody have this problem?

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
We had one go blank yesterday but it only needed to be rebooted. I am not sure if this would help with your screen problem, but is your system scheduled to reboot every night?

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Yes it does reset every night, it's just the when the sun is on the screen it's like it's burning a image on it then cover it up it goes away and the screen is normal, Ryko's Mfg response is to "replace the screen" as I said it the earlier post it's the newest screen they supply.

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
How old is the screen, could it be replaced under warranty?

DiamondWash

Reaction score
The screen is less then 6 months old but I have seen a thin clear sheet you place on computer screens to prevent glare when in the sun, I wonder if it would work on my AMTT CS do you think it would cause a problem with the touch interface?

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
I doubt that it would interfer with the keypad function.

needle

Reaction score
i jyust had a "black" screen and they tell me we need to replace the entire unit! The VGA board has been replaced by another updated board and they dont stock the old boards. If your new plazma TV goes bad your repair it not replace it!!

mac

Reaction score
Yes, welcome to ryko customer service. This is the problem when you make everything to your spec rather than buying an off the shelf unit. Something like what's in any commercial bank or mall. Good luck, and please keep us informed of your results.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
I take it your talking about the AMTT CS screen do you have only one bay with this system or two because I had two bays with Amtt cs's and swapped the boards from each other to test the VGA boards to find it was only the board also check your wires inside the door where it bends when you close the door yes I know all about every board in that Amtt and yes they are expensive here's a link to a company I use sometimes for electronics http://www.digikey.com/

whitebirch

Reaction score
Diamond, just tonite I had opened mine to retrieve cash and it gave me the colored lines and then went white after closing. It was fine before. Do you have a part number for the VGA cables and board that you had ordered.

Thanks

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Let me guess you can hear dolly talking touch the screen and it responds like normal but just can't see anything but white, correct? Did you try to reset the Amtt CS?