What's new

Ryko 2-digit display

jomolnar1

Mr Mojo
Reaction score
Working with a Ryko machine. The display board where the 2-digit trouble codes are displayed is "glitchy". When you reset the machine, 9 out of 10 times the display is just "gibberish" displaying random segments. I have to reset a number of times before I get the -- I am looking for. Same when cycling through the test codes. If I count how many times I press the button I do end up with the right test but the display doesn't coincide. Just unrecognizable segments. Has anybody else experienced this and if so, what was the fix? Just the small display board or does it go deeper? Also, this particular display board has no LED to show you whether the doors are enabled or not. What's up with that. That kind of makes it a "guessing game". Thanks in advance.

soapy

Reaction score
I would start with the cable that runs from the plc to the display board. The cable plugs into the plc and that is usually where I find the problem. When the cable gets unplugged so that the hand held controller can plug in it seems to put wear on the cable end and sometimes that cable end fails or does not make good contact with the plug in.

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
Mine does it all the time too. Often flipping the toggle works better than the red button. I just assumed it was normal for the display.

Etowah