What's new

Ryco/National Carwash Solutions

WashNGo207

Reaction score
I have purchased 2 Radius 5310T units.

They want me to do the CPW program (cents per wash) for the chemicals.
What is a good price per car for the chemical purchase from them ?

thank you

mac

Reaction score
Depends. A real basic wash on a touchless will be in the 0.30 to 0.60 per car, while a wash with a lot of show can double that. Cost per wash is only part of the equation. Will they do an analysis to make sure the equipment is all working as it should, will they do a titration and volumetric test, and how often do they do this? Do they check your water quality and softener operation? With touchless all this matters if you want a clean car.

WashNGo207

Reaction score
Depends. A real basic wash on a touchless will be in the 0.30 to 0.60 per car, while a wash with a lot of show can double that. Cost per wash is only part of the equation. Will they do an analysis to make sure the equipment is all working as it should, will they do a titration and volumetric test, and how often do they do this? Do they check your water quality and softener operation? With touchless all this matters if you want a clean car.

Thank you for the reply.
Yes they will dial in the chemicals & check our water filtration equipment.

They are asking for .78 cents per car washed. We have 4 washes, with 59% of the washes being the upper two washes.

Kevin James

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply.
Yes they will dial in the chemicals & check our water filtration equipment.

They are asking for .78 cents per car washed. We have 4 washes, with 59% of the washes being the upper two washes.
Are you kidding me, they want .78 per car washed. We wouldn't give them anything. There not doing anything you can't do yourself. Car wash chemistry is about simplest chemistry there is, you could get a fifth grader to do what the soap whores do, I guess they call them sales reps. We've run off every soap rep that's shown up. Learn how to do it yourself and save a boat load of money, it's not that hard.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
First determine chemical cost per car. How much above that figure will this program cost you? I like to have control over chemicals. There are times when an adjustment is needed and i wouldnt want to wait for someone to show up and handle this for me.

I also don’t want to give up any part of revenue i don’t have to. The expenses of owning and operating a wash are high. The adjustment of the chemicals is one of the easiest tasks at the wash. So for me, a program like this doesn’t make sense.

MEP001

Reaction score
Can you get clean cars yourself for a better price?

WashNGo207

Reaction score
They supply all the soap/chemicals, they dial it in. I don't prepay, they get a count of washed cars at the end of the month and post bill. I can adjust my chemicals myself also. They will charge .78 per washed car.
So if I washed 3000 cars in a month: $2340 for all the soap, wax,etc.

steve569

Reaction score
If you and your customers are happy with the quality of the wash, then I don't think .78 cents per car is a bad price. Especially if you are using Rain x on some of your washes.

soapy

Reaction score
If you are doing a 2 step presoak wash the price is not bad for chemicals. I would do all but 1 wash with a double pass. You won't get RainX but probably their version which is called Rain shield I think. I spend about .30 cents per car on a double pass High PH presoak. but I have heard of several other people who spend over $1. Make sure you are getting the quality of wash you want. Get the cars clean and they will come back. I have Ryko touchless also.