What's new

Running-off my first customer.

Reaction score
So I had a customer dump a large trash can full of dirt in the bay then proceed to wash his vehicle and bbq, I told him to pick his dirt up before he left. He then proceeds to cuss me out and yelling how he had the right to do what he was doing, so I ordered him to leave the property and took down his plate number, he says what are you going to call the police and I said yes then he said he would call the police when he was done washing, I said ok. After he was done I said call them and cops show up and I told them he was not welcome and they fill out trespassing paper work against him and can never return again. Everything went smoothly only took about ten mins for the police to deal with him, after he left we got to talking and I told the cops how I wasn't the one that even called them and how he called the police on him self. I wish all unwelcome customers would just call the police on them selfs makes it much easier.

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
That must be a first. But did he understand why he had to call the police on himself, probably not.

mac

Reaction score
I think you should have turned the bay off when he refused to cooperate.

bigleo48

Reaction score
Reminds me of that lady in Atlanta (i believe) that calls 911 because McDonalds was out of chicken fingers...I think the proper term is stupid :)

MEP001

Reaction score
There was an episode of COPS where a woman tried to buy crack from a prostitute and got a chunk of drywall instead, and actually called the police to get her money back.

JustClean

Reaction score
I think you should have turned the bay off when he refused to cooperate.
Same here. I'd turn off the bay, give him his money back and tell him to go where the sun don't shine. And no way in the world would I allow a BBQ to be cleaned in my bays. I kicked a few out trying to do this.

captain cw

Reaction score
I've actually offered them more money than they put in to never use my wash again or take it down the street to my arch nemesis.

Red Baron

Reaction score
Same here. I'd turn off the bay, give him his money back and tell him to go where the sun don't shine. And no way in the world would I allow a BBQ to be cleaned in my bays. I kicked a few out trying to do this.
I always figure that will cause the idiot to hit something with the wand, maybe me.

Does anyone have the tresspass forms (TX) so I can have them onhand?

In one week 2 weeks ago:
1. Guys back up to the vacs and dumps out 4 car tires.
2. Non-customer pulls in with a pickup bed full of full trashbags and proceeds to fill every trashcan on the property.
3. Farmer pull in his flatbed and washes off about 2 wheelbarrows worth of wheat, chaff of some kind, and just general crud in the bays, walls, etc.

Haven't found 1 or 2 yet but found 3 was my former neighbor who has a habit of leaving messes but never actually washes his vehichle...I expect to get a visit from him soon about the letter and photo I sent him.

MEP001

Reaction score
Red Baron said:
Does anyone have the tresspass forms (TX) so I can have them onhand?
There are no forms here, you just call the police and they issue the criminal tresspass warrant against them. Normally they have to catch them on the property to do anything, but I'm pretty sure with video evidence they'd go to their home to do it. I had a guy start cussing me when I asked him to pull out of a bay to dry his truck since it was busy, and the cops didn't get there in time to catch him but got him down the road and issued it there.

Red Baron

Reaction score
There are no forms here, you just call the police and they issue the criminal tresspass warrant against them. Normally they have to catch them on the property to do anything, but I'm pretty sure with video evidence they'd go to their home to do it. I had a guy start cussing me when I asked him to pull out of a bay to dry his truck since it was busy, and the cops didn't get there in time to catch him but got him down the road and issued it there.
On two occassions I've had the cops ask me if I wanted the perp/dope charged with criminal tresspass even though they'd never been formally given the form. I merely told the cop that I asked the customer to leave and he refused, and the cop thought that was reason enough to charge them if I wanted to.

I've never acrually had anyone charged in my 13 years in car washing. A few I asked not to return and might have had them charged if they came back though.

MEP001

Reaction score
Red Baron said:
On two occassions I've had the cops ask me if I wanted the perp/dope charged with criminal tresspass even though they'd never been formally given the form. I merely told the cop that I asked the customer to leave and he refused, and the cop thought that was reason enough to charge them if I wanted to.
That's how it works. They have to be charged with criminal tresspass first, then if they come back they'll be can be arrested for tresspassing. I've had CTW issued on a half-dozen people over the years, all for being confrontational to me when asked to move their vehicle on a busy day or to turn off vulgar music.

Ghetto Wash

Reaction score
I've never acrually had anyone charged in my 13 years in car washing. A few I asked not to return and might have had them charged if they came back though.
I've got one guy that has been locked up 9 times for criminal tresspass since 2003 when I purchased the wash. 5 times in 2009 alone. he spent a total of 7 months in jail in 2009 for trasspassing at my carwash.

Ghetto Wash

Reaction score
Why does he keep coming back?
Crack head. When his government disibility check (government check for disibility when he is perfectly able to wash cars) runs out he wanders over to wash cars for people.