What's new

Rules to be followed

frank ames

Reaction score
I have an automatic wash with five self wash bays as well. The past 6 months I have had an influx of customers who want to bring in their own soap, do bucket washes,play loud music, and let their children run around. I have posted rules - they ignore them and get mad when I call their hand. Any suggestions?

MEP001

Reaction score
I had a real problem with that at a wash I managed. The police were really good and were close by, and after a few times of the "customer" getting in my face when I asked someone to move from the bay to dry/detail or turn down their nasty, vulgar music, I lost all politeness and would simply tell them. If I got any resistance I'd immediately call the police and have them issue a criminal trespass warrant. It still took about a year to get things under control, but I'd never have a problem with someone twice.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I have had more success with WIFM. What is in it for me. People do not like to be told what to do. With loud music I tell the the neighbors call the cops and it becomes a real headache - can thye please turn it down - they usually do. Kids running around - I say people aroud here can't drive and your kid might get hurt. Bucket washing - I ask to finish in 5 minutes so the bay is open for someone else.

Randy

Reaction score
The problem with trying to enforce rules is you have to be there all the time. The days of any of us hanging out at the car wash are long gone. We get there at 05:30 and we are normally gone by 07:30, once in while we get stuck fixing something that takes a longer. I can’t think of anything more boring than hanging out at the car wash all day. Like tdlconceptsllc said raise your prices to keep the trash people out.

MEP001

Reaction score
People do not like to be told what to do.
At the wash I mentioned, people didn't like to be asked. I would have more issues when asking than with telling. My current customers have been very reasonable and usually even apologize when I ask.

soapy

Reaction score
I invited them to come back during off hours when bucket washing is allowed. Say between 9 pm and 6 am. If they start to argue I pull out my phone and get a picture of them, the car and license plate. Then I don't argue just let them know I am calling the police. Having their pictures usually changes their attitude. Remember you are selling time, not chemicals, water etc.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
I have an automatic wash with five self wash bays as well. The past 6 months I have had an influx of customers who want to bring in their own soap, do bucket washes,play loud music, and let their children run around. I have posted rules - they ignore them and get mad when I call their hand. Any suggestions?
One question what kind of demographics is your wash and the reason I ask. I have a wash in a not so perfect neighborhood and I renovated it brought it up to date it's nice but if I went over there bulldoging all the bucket washers one of 2 things would happen I would loose 45% of the business or get shot. Sometimes you have to pick your battles. I beleive demographics have alot to do with it.