What's new

Rugged CCTV DVR outputs setup

borumrm

TN D&S 5000's
Reaction score
Anybody here have the Rugged CCTV Vertex DVR? Do you have any of the outputs set to do things like dispense tokens from the changer, arm the autocashier for a wash, turn on blowdowns, etc? The manual is very slim on how to configure these sorts of things....sounds like the outputs are simply on/off. I can imagine hitting the output button from my computer and it just dispensing tokens nonstop...not what I am looking for. Any help appreciated.

bigleo48

Reaction score
I have that option with my DVR, but I don't use or trust them :( Not sure what you relays are rated for either...but I'm sure it's not much.

I have various PLCs that can do that (arm SS bays, turn various equipment on or off).
Big

MEP001

Reaction score
I would also use a PLC inline to control what you want. You can program it to dispense only a certain number of tokens per signal and even use a sequence of outputs from the DVR as a code which you would enter remotely.

borumrm

TN D&S 5000's
Reaction score
Any recommendations on a PLC to use?

Etowah

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
Big-Can you give me an example of how you use the controlbyweb stuff? Does it have to be hooked up to broadband?