What's new

Rowe -Hopper Empty problem

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
A couple of my changers are constantly coming up with the hopper empty fault.
The one I just put a new back on the hopper, and both have been taken apart and are Spotlessly clean on the little ladder track. Sometimes the quarters pool at the bottum and lock up the chain also.

waright

Reaction score
It is common to have a quarter fall into the hopper run motors on the back of the hopper mounting plate. The quarter will jam between the little motor shaft and the frame. Look closely as the jammed quarter is sometimes hard to see.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I don't have this problem frequently but it does occur. I haven't had as many issues since I switched to dollar coins though.

washme1

Reaction score
A couple of my changers are constantly coming up with the hopper empty fault.
The one I just put a new back on the hopper, and both have been taken apart and are Spotlessly clean on the little ladder track. Sometimes the quarters pool at the bottum and lock up the chain also.
The first thing you may want to do is determine if the motors are "timing out" or are they jamming by listening to how long they run before the sold out light comes on. If they are timing out, look for a problem with coins climbing the track and into the bucket. Can you tell when you slowly pull the hopper forward if coins are starting to make their way up to the top of the hopper (do you hear them fall off the track)? Is the hopper seated properly,...is there an obstruction or burr on the track? Is the chain or motor binding up?

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
I talked to a changer business today. The back end of the hopper is new. I found i have alot of wear in the funnel(the black bottum) plastic piece It's like an $8 part, but was told if worn enough the coins will bunch at the bottum and bind the chain, which is what i'm having. the track is spotless, so his explanation seems right as it's more a loading on the chain problem. I see in a week if this solves it.

Ghetto Wash

Reaction score
I have some hoppers that have a spiral shaped disk that feeds the quarters from the front of the hopper to the back of the hopper where the chain is. I have had these disks wear or come loose and cause the problem you are describing.