What's new

Rowe Changer

Kolbyskarwash

Reaction score
Has anyone got a Rowe mei conversion kit they would sell for a BC1400 machine? I have been waiting nearly two month for one from them. It’s been a nightmare on parts since American Bought them out. I’m looking for the one like they sell that bypasses the oem computer, not the one like capital vending sells on eBay.. Thanks in advance!!!

MEP001

Reaction score
Definitely go with the Etowah Valley kit. It removes all the most troublesome parts. The only downside is that you lose the escrow buckets, but the kit has it sense coins so it won't short-pay if it runs out, only if both hoppers jam.

Kevin James

Reaction score
Has anyone got a Rowe mei conversion kit they would sell for a BC1400 machine? I have been waiting nearly two month for one from them. It’s been a nightmare on parts since American Bought them out. I’m looking for the one like they sell that bypasses the oem computer, not the one like capital vending sells on eBay.. Thanks in advance!!!
What’s wrong with the Rowe kit that Capital Vending sells? We’ve installed a couple of them and they work great. We get them with a reconditioned validator and haven’t had any problems with them. We are in the process of looking to replace our Rowe changers with Hamilton’s because of the issues with sourcing parts.

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
We have lots of Rowe 1400's and plenty of spare BA-50 acceptors that are in constant circulation from being serviced. We tried one of the Genesis kits from Etowah valley but I eventually pulled it. It is supposed to sense if it is low on coins but our experience was that it thought the hoppers were low too often so we had to bypass that. We dispense $1 tokens slightly larger than the dollar coin. The Rowe buckets seem to jam fairly often which would short change the customer. Thats where the escrow buckets help out.

What I'd like to find is a kit to use the Rowe 1400 cabinet but with an Mars validator and a Hamilton hopper. The Mars are bulletproof and so are the Hamilton hoppers. Its years in between the times I have to do anything but fill the hoppers that are in our ACW's. The only difference is those dispense quarters. I'm not sure how they are dispensing larger tokens?

Randy

Reaction score
Some one is working on a kit to convert a Rowe BC1400 to a Standard MC series Hopper and Mars validator. The Standard MC hopper has the controller built into hopper. I don't recall who I was talking to about it.

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
Some one is working on a kit to convert a Rowe BC1400 to a Standard MC series Hopper and Mars validator. The Standard MC hopper has the controller built into hopper. I don't recall who I was talking to about it.
Come on Randy....Pour yourself a nice smooth bourbon, kick your feet up and rack that brain. That sounds like a kit I might be interested in. That is unless I start researching the Standard MC hopper and find out its unreliable:eek:. I'm not familiar with them. Would they be a good option for dispensing dollar coin size tokens?

MEP001

Reaction score
What I'd like to find is a kit to use the Rowe 1400 cabinet but with an Mars validator and a Hamilton hopper. The Mars are bulletproof and so are the Hamilton hoppers. Its years in between the times I have to do anything but fill the hoppers that are in our ACW's. The only difference is those dispense quarters. I'm not sure how they are dispensing larger tokens?
You could use a Hamilton hopper, harness, and controller with a Mars validator along with the BC1400 mounting parts and the Mars to Hamilton adaptor from Etowah Valley. Hamilton has a hopper (or a replacement wheel) to dispense dollar coins which should work with tokens that are slightly larger. I mix .984 tokens with quarters in Hamilton hoppers - those tokens are also just slightly larger than a quarter. It's been working great for 15 years.

Randy

Reaction score
Come on Randy....Pour yourself a nice smooth bourbon, kick your feet up and rack that brain. That sounds like a kit I might be interested in. That is unless I start researching the Standard MC hopper and find out its unreliable:eek:. I'm not familiar with them. Would they be a good option for dispensing dollar coin size tokens?
I’m more of an Irish whiskey guy myself…. Car Wash supply 713.946.2232 is working on a conversion kit to install the guts of a Standard MC bill changer into a Rowe BC1400. It’s my understanding that you can also order a MC300 bill changer with an extended stainless steel face plate the same size as the Rowe BC1400.
I have customer who uses nothing but the Standard MC Series bill changer, he has very few problems with them, so I don’t pick up much repair work after I sold them to him. He uses a 1.125” token with no problems, you just have to make sure the coin feed mechanism is the right size for your coins or tokens. You see Standard changers mostly in laundromats.

Eric H

Reaction score
Since were are somewhat off track of the original topic let me throw this out, I replaced a Rowe BC-2800 with a similar machine from Triad http://triadbillchangers.com/ The machine has not had a single coin jam, and the Mars recycler has its first jam since I installed it in August 2018. To be far the bill was in pretty poor condition.
The six machines I am replacing are all over 16 years old, have had the Etowah Valley Kit installed but the hoppers are just too unreliable! I could have replaced the hoppers but I liked the idea of using the new Recycler validator that Mars has. The validator stores $5's in a canister to payout to the customer similar to the Rowe Bill Breaker but without the ATM style bill dispenser.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
I have a 1400 that began giving me issues ( initial rejection rate was like 95%) and I completely disassembled it, thoroughly cleaned it, and it's been humming along since.

With that said, what other machines would fit in the same space without having to enlarge the hole in the wall? Are there any known direct installs that drop right in?

MEP001

Reaction score
Hamilton has an ER-60 XT (Extended height face) that will fill the opening. It only holds $600 in quarters though.