What's new

Rowe changer

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
I have a Rowe changer with a Mars kit in it. When you put in a bill the motor doesn't move the spinner at all. I think when it first failed it was trying to turn a little bit but I was outside with nobody else here so I'm not sure. It seems likely that motor is dead (it's 10 years old) but I'm not sure. Is there anything else I should be looking for?

MEP001

Reaction score
Is is flashing any code? When is the last time you pulled out the sensor tray and cleaned it?

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
No code but I never do anything to it. It takes the bill but the motor that spins the chain doesn't engage.

MEP001

Reaction score
You're talking about the hopper motor then, right? It will eventually shut down with an error.

MEP001

Reaction score
I'm saying the changer will shut down with an error code THAT YOU NEED TO READ to determine what's going on. The motor could be bad, or there could be some other issue where it's not getting to the point of turning the motor on. Without knowing why it's shutting down, you'll just have to throw parts at it until it works.

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
Well I'm not sure what I did but it's working again. I may have had a bad connection somewhere. I unplugged everything and plugged it back in and it worked!
Thanks!

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
Well the thing worked for about a week and then started messing up again. Now I get no error code but the thing gives the wrong change. Any thoughts?
Thanks

cwguy.com

The Eric
Reaction score
Are you using a rowe conversion kit? I think this might be why your not getting an error code? Like mep01 said the rowe ccc always throws error codes.

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
I have a conversion kit from Capital Vending, I think. It's been a number of years. I can't find the programming instructions.

cwguy.com

The Eric
Reaction score
Okay... that is why mep01 didn't understand.

I was actually talking or emailing with someone the other day that purchased one of those units. I would quit using it and purchase a new control board or whatever they use? Aren't they pretty cheap? Around $200? I know the Rowe CCC for the mei use to be $1000?