What's new

Rowe changer, won't take $1 bills, still takes $5 and $10

Etowah

doublj70

Reaction score
Hello,
I've never had this problem with my Rowe changer before. Has anyone had this happen, where all of a sudden it won't take $1 bills at all but still takes $5 and $10 bills? Any advise would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
John

JGinther

Zip-tie engineer
Reaction score
It sounds like you are suffering from Roweitis. Good luck with that. Its not worth fixing the transport if you want my opinion. Get an MEI conversion kit and forget about it.

Bigsambo

Reaction score
I've been having this problem as well on about 4 different transports. Sorry to bring this back from so long ago, but anyone else have an idea what the problem could be. Already replaced the VT and vr sensors as I was getting a reject bill e nearly every time.

washme1

Reaction score
I was in the vending business for 20 years. Rowe $ chgrs were known for being the best available. Ten years later I buy a car wash with a Rowe changer. I had nothing but problems like the ones mentioned. I switched to an MEI conversion and have been very satisfied.

Kevin James

Reaction score
We ended up pulling all of the Rowe changers out because we had so many problems with them and their customer service sucked, replaced them with Hamilton’s with a Mars validator, problem solved. Back in the day Rowe was the Cadillac of bill changers, not the case today.

Jason Studer

Reaction score
It has to be in the transport, I had this issue more then once. I even bought a spare BC1400 so I had extra parts, and even bought a third transport, after having the transports rebuilt every 7 to 8 months. I made the move to the Mars conversion kit. Easy to install 15 minutes. It has only been three months, but so far so good.

If your going to stick with the Rowe transport buy a spare. When you start having issues swap it out with your spare and send it out for repair. I have extras if your interested.

Bigsambo

Reaction score
How much is the Mars conversion kit? What's the best place to buy it? I already have 2 spare transports I just don't understand how they all started doing this a few months ago. What would you want for your spares?

Jason Studer

Reaction score
I paid $540 with shipping Capitol Vending out of Laurel MD, CJ was great to work with. Should have done this years ago.

The only issue I have had, that just started a week ago. the angle of the sun this time of year shines into the transport and will reject the bills. I just figured this out yesterday and CJ agreed that this can happen. If you shade the area the bill goes in no problems. People who insert bill with left hand have no issues in the AM and right handers in the PM. This only happens between 11am and 2pm, and has to be perfectly sunny. My guess is that in another week the angle of the sun will not effect this. Keep in mind my changer is outside and faces directly South. An awning is in my near future or some sort of shade.

I would want $150 for the transports. I am going to keep one, so that I can put back together a whole Rowe Bc1400 machine to sell.

Jason

MEP001

Reaction score
I just ordered the Genesis kit from Etowah Valley that requires removal of everything except the hoppers and their motors. It lists on their site for $995 and comes with everything you need including the validator. You can usually find used or repaired Mars validators for a spare on eBay for under $150 and factory refurbished ones around $200.