What's new

Rowe changer repair suggestions

sparkey

Reaction score
I need some names of people who repair rowe changers. I need to send my bill validator in. It is getting very picky about accepting bills and cleaning it did not help.

Washmechanic

Washmechanic, Ibas. ss,
Reaction score
I need some names of people who repair rowe changers. I need to send my bill validator in. It is getting very picky about accepting bills and cleaning it did not help.
Have you oiled the bill validator recently? We have four changers in service and I was having the same problem. Just before I sent them in for service, I remembered being told that 50% of the time the only service they need is to be oiled. I tried it, and for the last four months, they have been working very well. I just hope that it last.

vinh

Reaction score
Now would be a good time to upgrade to mars validator for your rowe. Don't waste money on the ba50 anymore. Initial investment now will save you money, time, and headache in future. capitalvending.com sells the kit. I recommend keeping the control board. Buy the mars validator on Ebay.

sparkey

Reaction score
Have you oiled the bill validator recently? We have four changers in service and I was having the same problem. Just before I sent them in for service, I remembered being told that 50% of the time the only service they need is to be oiled. I tried it, and for the last four months, they have been working very well. I just hope that it last.
I will try oil and see if it works. That would be a welcome fix.

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
You need to oil it with rowes silicon oil, it has a fine needle on end to dispense.
I think other oils will attract money dust, and make a mess.
Also cleaning the green belts with alcohol or window cleaner will help with traction. Also if you unscrew the maghead-The part at rear top of validator and clean the mag head it should help alot. The maghead is the part that reads the bills, so dirt will severely limit acceptance. Also you can adjust the green belts with those side levers--Just snug--either too tight or loose is bad. Most of us have a stack of Ba-50s if you need parts. Also the photo cell eye should be dusted off. If you really want to get into-- take apart the spindles that the white trolley wheels are on, and clean, also look to see if the teflon has worn off and replace if necessary.

Mel(NC)

Reaction score
I had no idea you are supposed to oil validators. No wonder mine has been squeeking for the last year. What do you oil? Just the roller spindles?

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
I oiled the nylon gears from motor, and the white wheels, although if squeaking, take apart the spindles and clean under the wheels to get rid of built up dirt, before you oil. Also those spindles have teflon on them, so if worn off --replace, or oil alot. Get the $11 1 ounce of the rowe oil , everything only needs small drops bottle will last years. I cleaned the green belts with alcohol, and clean rag, your rag will turn black and green, but belts will be squeaky clean and have tons of traction to grab a bill.

waright

Reaction score
I switched to mars two years ago and now all i do is open up the bill box and take the cash out.

no more stuck bills
no more repair bills
more money in the changer

well worth the $$$

When i did have the ba50's, BACA changer service in Denver, CO always treated me right. I ended up using Rowe's conversion kit amd bought it through BACA's.

sparkey

Reaction score
Now would be a good time to upgrade to mars validator for your rowe. Don't waste money on the ba50 anymore. Initial investment now will save you money, time, and headache in future. capitalvending.com sells the kit. I recommend keeping the control board. Buy the mars validator on Ebay.
Ok, I ordered the conversion kit from capitalvending.com. Do I need a mars upstacker, downstacker, or will either one work?

Randy

Reaction score
Why wouldn’t you buy the complete kit? You’re going to need a Mars AE2611U7 validator. I believe Capital Vending uses an Upstack validator turned upside down. That’s what I have sold for spares to people who have the Capital vending kit.

waright

Reaction score
do your self a favor and get a complete kit. it will be less hassles for you. Sell your old ba50 on ebay....i just got $66.00 for my old one that was in need of repair.

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
That power supply that you replace with the full kit is a ridiculously expensive part. If you can find someone who needs one you can sell the old parts for nearly as much as the kit costs. That conversion is the single best thing that I have done to improve my ss business.