What's new

Rowe changer parts -

bigjws

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone out there has any old rowe changer parts laying around they'd be willing to sell .. specifically looking for Rowe #25175702 (Photo Detector) and Rowe #45076101 (LED holder assembly) - I'll attach pics below. They are supposedly not being made anymore, so looking to get some backups while I can. Thanks!

1658338108195.png 1658338142689.png

Randy

Reaction score
You might want to think about replacing your Rowe changer. I found out today that when the existing parts supply for the Rowe changers are gone that will be the end.

Blanco

Reaction score
Randy is right. Rowe is done. Rowe and Triad were both bought out by American Changer. I bought a new Rowe BC 1600 bill changer a few months before that happened. It was a disaster, It would sometimes take customers money without dispensing anything, then not accept anything until a power reset. American changer makes a retrofit kit for Rowe BC 1400, BC 1600, and Triad 400 that fits in the same cabinet. Costs around 2K. I have not had any problems since I installed the kit. I was pissed I had to spend 2K and put a retrofit kit in a newly bought machine but it is what it is. When I bought my first wash many years ago, the first thing I replaced was the bill changer. My thought was If my customers are trying to give me money and I can't accept it or dispense it properly then I'm losing money and I'm probably not going to make it in this business. Make sure you have a good changer. Your changer is your income.

MEP001

Reaction score
FWIW I gutted a BC1400 and put Hamilton parts in it. I got everything used except the validator and the conversion bracket, which came from Etowah Valley. The face of the changer still looks fine, so for less than $2,000 it's a relatively new Hamilton. All I had to do besides the parts was to attach two pieces of Unistrut for the hopper to sit on, and it just dumps the coins into the old chute.

bigjws

Reaction score
😂 Well, I’m sure at some point I’ll have to convert .. but right now I’ve got 3 BC1400’s and 2 BC200’s that have been (knock on wood) bulletproof for 3+ decades now. Rarely do I have any problems other than a coin jam every couple of months (I put in Mars acceptors long ago, hardly any problems since). I can spend $10k converting them now, or slowly do it as my backup parts dwindle. For you guys that have converted or changed to other brands, do you happen to have any of the old parts still taking up space?

MEP001

Reaction score
I threw away everything that was left when I did the conversion. The hoppers were so worn out that it might take $30 or $40 before it shut down. I probably should have saved the smaller things like the detector and LED, but they're long gone now.