What's new

Rowe bucket error

slash007

Reaction score
I have been getting a "bucket not open" error on my Rowe changer. Today I swapped the solenoids from a spare that I had, but still the same issue. What else could it be? Thanks.

slash007

Reaction score
I did before posting, but was hoping for some real world experience. It only gives the error on $1 bills, works fine on $5's and $10's. Don't the $1's send quarters out of a particular bucket? I thought it was the middle one, but I guess I was wrong. After swapping solenoids didn't work, I swapped the whole assembly and it worked, so that rules out an error in the CCC.

Eric H

Reaction score
I modified my Rowe changers to the Etowah Valley Mars kit a long time ago. The kit eliminates the hoppers. its been so long I don't remember much about repairing the original machine. Sorry i can't be anymore of a help

MEP001

Reaction score
I modified my Rowe changers to the Etowah Valley Mars kit a long time ago. The kit eliminates the hoppers.
Just being pedantic, but it eliminates the escrow buckets. There's some complicated instructions included, but FWIW I just zip-tied the center one open, only took a few seconds and there's no way for anything to go wrong.

Eric H

Reaction score
Sorry, my response at 4:30am misstated “eliminates the hoppers” should read “modified the escrow buckets”.
In any case we aren’t helping the OP at this point...my second response was simply to inform the OP that I couldn’t help him any further because I’ve forgotten more that remember at my advanced age.
I do have some old Rowe coin dispensers assembly’s that Might be good for parts if Slash or anyone else is interested

Last edited:

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
You could swap the $1 and $5 escrow buckets/coils by swapping their plug positions on the interconnect board. If the "bucket not open" now appears for 5's it was either the $1 coil, the $1 bucket is binding or the interconnect board. Those interconnect boards will cause problems with the escrow buckets as well as the coin detectors. If the 'bucket not open' still appears for the $1 after swapping plug positions it's defintely the interconnect board.

slash007

Reaction score
Appreciate the thoughts everyone. I assume the $1 bucket is the one in the middle since it's the smallest? I could just easily swap the interconnect board from my spare assembly.

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
Two of the buckets are indentical size and the third is larger for the $10 load. You really only need to make sure the $10 is plugged into the correct interconnect position otherwise you will overload the smaller two with coin.

slash007

Reaction score
Two of the buckets are indentical size and the third is larger for the $10 load. You really only need to make sure the $10 is plugged into the correct interconnect position otherwise you will overload the smaller two with coin.
It only gives out $5 at a time no matter what, so I don't think any buckets hold $10. I see one smaller bucket, then one with a divider that moves and can make that 2nd bucket either large or small depending on it's position it seems.

Eric H

Reaction score
It only gives out $5 at a time no matter what, so I don't think any buckets hold $10. I see one smaller bucket, then one with a divider that moves and can make that 2nd bucket either large or small depending on it's position it seems.
This is a BC-1400???? Middle hopper should be $1, and one side $5 and the other $10. $20 pays the $10 escrow bucket twice.
You may have a programming issue but let us stay focused on your current $1 escrow bucket issue

slash007

Reaction score
I swapped the interconnect board with another I had and it worked fine. Probably a bad capacitor.

MEP001

Reaction score
You sent me to the dictionary for that one.....
I decided to look it up myself, and I don't think I'll use it anymore. I am not "eager to correct" as the definition says, I only added my comment for accuracy and clarity to help the OP. At least I know I can be irritating.