What's new

Rowe BC 1400 problems

csmith

Reaction score
I have two bc 1400 machines. one dispenses incorrect pay out, the other keeps popping a code and I take the actions in the manual and it doesn't fix it. I called Rowe and they pretty much told me that the old parts are unavailable and they won't work on it. I bought these machines about 8 years ago. I order the American changer upgrade kits 2 months ago and they keep telling me they are waiting on parts from the manufacturer. so im stuck with two change machines that are out of order. Does anyway have any contact info of someone who can repair these or give me some info on where to go from here.

Thanks in advance!!!

MEP001

Reaction score
The best way to fix an old Rowe is to throw a stick of dynamite in it and then call your insurance.

I've upgraded one to take a Hamilton hopper and controller. It was very easy and cost about $500 in used parts, not counting the validator (It had been upgraded to a Mars validator which by itself was about $900) and the Etowah Valley bracket. I'm about to do the other one, and I'll try to take a few photos.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
I gutted mine and replaced it with the retro kit from KR. No more problems!

Randy

Reaction score
I have another Bill Changer customer who’s in the same boat as you are. He wants the Standard Rowe conversion kit with 2 Hoppers for his BC-1400. The problem is no one has a Mars or Coinco validator for the conversion kit. I can get the conversion kit less the validator in about 3 - 4 weeks, there is a big back log. The kit comes with everything you need to upgrade the BC-1400 changer, you pretty much gut the BC-1400. If you can find a Mars AE2632 downstack validator you be in the chips. If you want a new changer both Hamilton and Standard have a 8-10 week lead time.

MEP001

Reaction score
If you can find a Mars AE2632 downstack validator you be in the chips.
I just got one from this seller: https://www.ebay.com/usr/vendingmachineparts He has another for sale, the one I got is like new.

If I'm not mistaken, upstackers and downstackers are interchangeable. The only issue is that you have to accept the bills in all four directions. Etowah Valley for some reason sells their kits with an upstacker so all his conversions have to take the bill face down.

Randy

Reaction score
I just got one from this seller: https://www.ebay.com/usr/vendingmachineparts He has another for sale, the one I got is like new.

If I'm not mistaken, upstackers and downstackers are interchangeable. The only issue is that you have to accept the bills in all four directions. Etowah Valley for some reason sells their kits with an upstacker so all his conversions have to take the bill face down.
With the Standard kit you need a Mars AE2632D7 MDB 24 volts validator.

Etowah