What's new

Rowe BC 1400 and credit cards

Jason Studer

Reaction score
Hello all,
I want to start excepting credit cards at my change machine, does anyone know of a company that has the capability to add C.C. to a Rowe or convert to a Mars and then add C.C.

I have read a lot of the treads starting to get rid of the BA-50 transport, but my issue with that would be if I convert and then have an issue with the conversion down the road I will not have spare parts, and that would shut down the business until it is repaired.

Any and all thoughts are really appreciated, Thank you, Jason

Randy

Reaction score
By all means do the Mars conversion to your Rowe. You’ll have far less problems in the long run. The Mars validator is a much better validator than the BA-50 transport. Buy a reconditioned Mars validator it won’t break the bank. Some operators I know have done the conversion and sold their old parts and have recouped most of the cost of the conversion.

A number of operators in my area have added a USA Technologies credit card reader to the front of their Hamilton changer, it’s not all that expensive. It’s kind of a nice setup as it lets you select how many tokens you can buy, $5 - $10 or $20.

Etowah