What's new

routine cleaning maintenance for express carwashes?

BGPES

Reaction score
Hello,

I have an exterior cleaning company (lot sweeping, pressure washing, etc.) in Arizona and a good client has asked me to help him with another one of his business units: express car washes at gas stations. These are not the self-service bays but the fully automatic tunnels that people usually use after filling up their gas tanks.

The problems we have out here are mainly hard water scaling and a lot of wind-blown dust accumulating in the tunnels. I've checked out a few of his car washes and there is a lot of sludge on the ground, built-up soap scum, and of course lots of scaling. I'm trying to develop a monthly or bi-monthly maintenance program for him.

Any quick suggestions for removing soap scum? I do have a lot of chemicals that I already use for parking garage grease & oil stains, food grease, and hard-water deposits on walls, floors, and fountains....but soap scum and other problems from a constantly wet area like a car wash is new to me.

Thank you very much,
Bill

MikeV

Reaction score
Nu-wall or Kleen -wall should work. Nu-wall from Arcadian and Kleen-wall from APFormulators.
Put it on a dry surface, let it soak for a minute or two and hp wash it off.

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
Be VERRRRYYY careful when using either of these products. They contain the flouride ion and should only be used with proper protective gear on.

robert roman

Bob Roman
Reaction score
You may want to consider contacting Ken Dykstra at the following e-mail address.

ken@proservinc.info

Ken is an upstanding guy who owns and operates a carwash cleaning service business in my region. He understands the carwash business and may be willing to give you some pointers.