What's new

Rotory switches

MegaBlast

Reaction score
Ok I am switching out my coin boxes...Long story short the rotary switch is setup diff. on the older box than the one II just added..I am assuming the wires are correct but I need to look at the equipment a little harder to make sure it is correct but anyways I have the coin box working but only get the foam brush and tire cleaner out.... is there a guide on how the hook all the wires to the rotary switch?

Thanks for the Support

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
This diagram helped me when I changed out my first rotary switch. It gives you some understanding of how a switch is wired. But your setup might be different.

http://www.kleen-ritecorp.com/files/3c7b98f2-c1cb-4399-b808-e7256a1b0500.pdf

Something I learned, is all rotary switches are not wired (internally) the same. I use the Double Stack Electroswitch from KR. If you use this one, you'll want to make sure you wire the motor latch to the 2x stack. It has "make before break" contacts. You'll want to put your High Pressure functions next to each other to benifit from this configuration. (Easier on the motor contactor). The 1x stack is "break before make". All your functions that operate solenoids should hook up here. Like in the diagrams. Also keep in mind terminals 11 and 21 are for your timed load. They should be connected together to energize both stacks.

You'll still need to trace your wiring (should be color coded) back into the ER and match up to your functions. Once you get it figured out, you might want to make a diagram for future reference. There is a lot going on there....

Wally

Reaction score
Yesterday I changed out a double stack that had been in a few years. It came from KR and it was a make before break. Some how it had changed to break before make. How could this happen?

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
You might want to take it apart to see what happened. Maybe the rotary contact (blade) burnt up?

I replaced a tripple stack last week with a 2 stack (don't know why the PO used a tripple stack)...Took the tripple stack apart and the 1x stack was make before break. On the 2 stack Electroswitch, the 2x stack is make before break....Go figure....Something to keep an eye on though....

Thanks to the forum, I would have never known there was a difference. :)

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
Yesterday I changed out a double stack that had been in a few years. It came from KR and it was a make before break. Some how it had changed to break before make. How could this happen?
If you were being funny, you got me! If you ever have to replace one of these switches, they usually "Break" before making....Otherwise you wouldn't be replacing it! :D

Wally

Reaction score
Most of the time when I have a switch fail it is because of the shaft rusting and it won't turn. I've probably had break before make issues before but I didn't remember it at the time of the writing the thread.