What's new

Rotors switch or push buttons

Mick

Reaction score
Looking at new boxes for SS. looking for your opinions ongoing with rotary switch or go with push buttons. What are your opinions?

Mick

Reaction score
Thanks for thoughts have the opportunity to punches used boxes with push buttons that would be a upgrade to existing boxes but was worried about the push buttons

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Thanks for thoughts have the opportunity to punches used boxes with push buttons that would be a upgrade to existing boxes but was worried about the push buttons

I wouldn't write them off if the manufacturer is still around and you can save some money. What brand are they?

Cr32

Reaction score
Looking for input on this box. I would like to add a credit card reader, any suggestion on what to replace or add to it?

Attachments

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Looking for input on this box. I would like to add a credit card reader, any suggestion on what to replace or add to it?
If the timer is a Dixmor LED 7 it should be simple to add Crytopay. (If you have or can get internet to your location) The software my need to be updated for the LED 7 but Dixmor can do that.

TMoliver

Reaction score
I am in favor of induvial lighted push buttons verse button in a strip. That way you can replace only 1 button if it is damaged. AS for rotary switches the standard 8 position electro or shellco switch hard to beet. As for 12 position rotary buy the bigger one as it out last every thing the meter.

Benefits of push buttons t are many. Such as stopping the pump from hammering every time someone rotates the switch when switching between Low pressure and high pressure functions. Keeping the pump running when switching from HP soap to Rinse then to HP wax, only the solenoid turns on and off, not the 3-phase motor. Saving on power. Not having 2 services on at the same time because the rotary is wearing out.

Just my thoughts

Axxlrod

Car Washer
Reaction score
I guess I'll be the contrarian.

My rotary switches only last about a year before they seize and become difficult to turn.

Been considering switching to buttons when I redo the boxes.

OurTown

Reaction score
I guess I'll be the contrarian.

My rotary switches only last about a year before they seize and become difficult to turn.

Been considering switching to buttons when I redo the boxes.

Do you ever lube them? They also make seal nuts to prevent water entry.

Reaction score
Do you ever lube them? They also make seal nuts to prevent water entry.
Used to have to change out my rotary switch at least every 4-6 months. Upgraded to Electroswitch from Shallco switches, added seal nuts, and packed the orifices with dialectric grease. Haven't changed a switch in over 2 years. Made a HUGE difference.

Noel

Reaction score
I have heard rotary are more durable, so although I prefer the look of the push button I went old school.

Looking at new boxes for SS. looking for your opinions ongoing with rotary switch or go with push buttons. What are your opinions?