What's new

Rotary Switch knob

Lucygilk

Reaction score
What is the correct way to attach the knob on the rotary switch with the flat stem of the rotary switch. When I install it I do not get the proper functions when I turn the knob.

OurTown

Reaction score
Is it pointing to the exact opposite side that is functioning?

MEP001

Reaction score
What is the correct way to attach the knob on the rotary switch with the flat stem of the rotary switch. When I install it I do not get the proper functions when I turn the knob.
Did you by chance change a 10-position switch to a Shallco you bought from Kleen-Rite? Those have the functions clocked 180° off from the Electroswitch brand. You'll have to rotate the switch and not use the washer with its positioning tab.

Reaction score
Did you by chance change a 10-position switch to a Shallco you bought from Kleen-Rite? Those have the functions clocked 180° off from the Electroswitch brand. You'll have to rotate the switch and not use the washer with its positioning tab.
I just take the screws out and rotate the front part of the switch with the threaded shaft 180 degrees and screw it back together. The first time I ran into this, it about made me crazy figuring out wtf was going on.