What's new

Rotary Dial, pump on and off.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
Why would you want an On/Off delay timer??? I only run 2 second On delay timers....

OurTown

Reaction score
Why would you want an On/Off delay timer??? I only run 2 second On delay timers....

If on your rotary switch you have HP soap then foam brush then rinse the HP pump would turn off if someone skips FB.

MEP001

Reaction score
That's probably enough to prevent the rapid on/off when people turn past the high-pressure functions, but I'd prefer to keep the pump engaged when they go past a low-pressure function to another high-pressure one.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
My HP functions are all together on the rotary, so I would have never thought of that. I have all my On Delay timers set for 2 seconds, so even if someone switches through any of the selections, they never come on anyway. For returning customers, they know the switch positions. So most selections happen within a fraction of a second, even if a few are skipped. I still can't see why you would need an On/Off Delay. The on delay seems to work like they should as long as the HP functions are together which they should be. That's how the standard Electroswitch rotary is set up.

I use the Omron H3Y Cube Delay Relays. Makes it nice if you have one go bad, just unplug the cube and install a new one. No rewiring. These are on my TF system. The ones I use are DPDT....You only use one side of the contacts.

MEP001

Reaction score
Most washes here have functions in an order that promotes use that way. Mine is tire cleaner, presoak, high pressure soap, foam brush, rinse 1, trifoam, wax, rinse 2, spot free. There's a LOT of pump on/off action when they're using the Braille method of finding the selection they want. The rotary switch make-before-break only works between the second rinse and wax. I'd rather have the pump stay on if they go straight from soap to rinse - it hurts in my brain to hear all the start-stops, but it doesn't seem to affect the equipment life much if at all. It's almost 20 years old and has only needed one motor and no contactors replaced, and that one motor was just worn out bearings.