What's new

Rotary actuator

Tom Thumb

Reaction score
I will be looking to replace the rotary actuator on one of my wow 1.0 and wondering if anyone has done this and has a source other than Coleman.

Buzzie8

Reaction score
I will be looking to replace the rotary actuator on one of my wow 1.0 and wondering if anyone has done this and has a source other than Coleman.
I have a Coleman WW 1.0 as well. But I am not sure what a rotary actuator is?

Tom Thumb

Reaction score
Buzzie,
What I am talking about is the tilt motor for the boom, mounted on the driver side of the boom,.
This is the first time I have had an issue with this.

Buzzie8

Reaction score
I am pretty sure this uses the same motor and transmission as the gantry drive motors. Texas Car Wash Supply has these motors for much less. I just bought their stainless motor as a back up. I also have used alternative Baldor motors for drive motors. Check the motor and see if it is the same as your drive motors. Download the catalogue here:
http://www.texascarwashsupply.com/catalog-download.html

Warrior Wash

Reaction score
If this is the same as WW 2.0. The actuator is an air actuator made by Parker Industries. I've never replaced mine, but I have a feeling I will have to soon, as I have a small air leak.

Buzzie8

Reaction score
I am confused. I think Warrior Wash is correct. If it is what controls the boom tilting back and forth. I misread earlier, it is the drive motor that moves the boom up and down. I have only had to replace the air lines once in 8 years and I think I replaced the air solenoid once as well on the tilt. Check for an air leak first.

Tom Thumb

Reaction score
Buzzie,
Yes it is the air motor that controls the tilt only for the boom, not ele. motor.

Buzzie8

Reaction score
Tom,
Never had one of those go bad in 8+ years. Which means mine will probably fail tomorrow. LOL. Make sure you are getting good air before you spend the $$$.
Buzzie

DJGall

Dirty Dawg
Reaction score
As soon as you get a chance to do some preventative maintenance, pull the hoses to the rotary actuator and put about 30 drops of pneumatic oil in each hose, and then reconnect. This actuator needs lubrication, as it has nothing but dry air operating it. Any light oil is better than nothing. Pneumatic air tool oil, 3 in 1, cat pump oil.

This will extend the life of the actuator tremendously. I'm on year 12.