What's new

rookie owner

gearhead

Reaction score
injector o ring material

anyone out there know what type of o rings are used in the injectors? Im thinking that they are a type of viton but not sure which or what the durometer number is. Ive had mine in service for 1 1/2 years and they are starting to go away on me. the stainless part of the injector looks good and dont see a reason for replacing the complete assembly for a bad o ring. it would save me a good bit of money.

Last edited:

MEP001

Reaction score
gearhead said:
anyone out there know what type of o rings are used in the injectors?
Exactly what injectors?

gearhead

Reaction score
the chemical injectors on my M5. the o rings i am referring to are the ones that the check ball seats against inside the barb that the chemical feed hose plugs onto.

lag

Reaction score
The oring inside the injector nozzle size is 008. the other oring around the base is a 012. Viton is the standard material. some of the other materials of orings will stand up to chemicals better ,but if your orings are lasting a year and a half ,go with vition....

gearhead

Reaction score
o rings

Thanks LAG! although blue coral recomends a 'black' oring for use with the rain x. the rep cant tell me what its made of. i am assuming that one is silicone based on the make up of the product....

gearhead

Reaction score
o rings

very nice! thats what i was looking for. Thanks again.

were you able to find 1 o ring to work with all solutions?

Last edited:

lag

Reaction score
very nice! thats what i was looking for. Thanks again.

were you able to find 1 o ring to work with all solutions?
We only use 1 type ,but our clearcoat will from time to time swell one up.. It will depend on your chemicals.. Good luck