What's new

Rookie Needing Help

MEP001

Reaction score
IMO this confirms it's not the air, it's the strength of the presoak, otherwise it wouldn't have sprayed properly with undiluted triple foam. Also some of the nozzles in your picture look like they're partially clogged. You said above that there seems to be a restriction inside the arm, it may be the steel fitting of the high pressure hose that feeds that part of the arm. That would be the next thig I'd check.

NewGuy401

Reaction score
IMO this confirms it's not the air, it's the strength of the presoak, otherwise it wouldn't have sprayed properly with undiluted triple foam. Also some of the nozzles in your picture look like they're partially clogged. You said above that there seems to be a restriction inside the arm, it may be the steel fitting of the high pressure hose that feeds that part of the arm. That would be the next thig I'd check.
That's what I was doing tonight. I took both hoses and fittings off the driver side. They were all clean as a whistle. 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

edredtop

Reaction score
That's what I was doing tonight. I took both hoses and fittings off the driver side. They were all clean as a whistle. 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️
Have you resolved your issue? It'd be cool to know the results.
(I hate reading an unfinished thread, it's like somebody tore the last chapter of the book out.)

NewGuy401

Reaction score
Have you resolved your issue? It'd be cool to know the results.
(I hate reading an unfinished thread, it's like somebody tore the last chapter of the book out.)
Not completely. I had someone tell me it sounded like a straw effect where there was a pin hole in a hose or tube that was affecting it. I replaced all the hoses and that didn't fix it. I've continued playing with the pressures and pump speed and concentration levels, even changed all of the injectors. Found a bad solenoid valve or two that got replaced. Still didn't fix it.

It was still odd to me that it only affected one side of the two arms so I checked the solenoid valve that controls which arm is on. Everything looked good to me, but I swapped which valve controlled which arm. That caused the problem to switch from the driver side to the passenger side. So it seems to be a problem that can be fixed with a $2,000 part. Needless to say, that's not getting replaced anytime soon.

All of the other tweaking I did helped some, so it's better, but just not where I'd like it to be.

Flex- Wand

Reaction score
I'm curious how many total washes are on the Kondor. Is it a Danfoss? Did you switch the coils and the inside parts or just the coils? When you order coils don't come with the vaule there separate.

NewGuy401

Reaction score
I'm curious how many total washes are on the Kondor. Is it a Danfoss? Did you switch the coils and the inside parts or just the coils? When you order coils don't come with the vaule there separate.
Not sure on the total. The counter got reset at some point. We've had it for 6 months and put north of 2k on it. When we bought it, the counter had 6k but it has been installed for over 10 years.
It's a KL2.
For the solenoids I did replace, I changed out the whole thing, valve and coil. Had some spares laying around. But the one on the carriage that I think is the problem, it's a Belanger Kondor specific part. The repair kit for half of the valve is almost as expensive as a whole new part.

Jsshac

Reaction score
Not completely. I had someone tell me it sounded like a straw effect where there was a pin hole in a hose or tube that was affecting it. I replaced all the hoses and that didn't fix it. I've continued playing with the pressures and pump speed and concentration levels, even changed all of the injectors. Found a bad solenoid valve or two that got replaced. Still didn't fix it.

It was still odd to me that it only affected one side of the two arms so I checked the solenoid valve that controls which arm is on. Everything looked good to me, but I swapped which valve controlled which arm. That caused the problem to switch from the driver side to the passenger side. So it seems to be a problem that can be fixed with a $2,000 part. Needless to say, that's not getting replaced anytime soon.

All of the other tweaking I did helped some, so it's better, but just not where I'd like it to be.
Are you talking about the valve out on the machine? That’s a normally open valve and doesn’t close for low pressure, only closes under high pressures. Have you cleaned the filter on the manifold? Does either presoak work correctly?

NewGuy401

Reaction score
Are you talking about the valve out on the machine? That’s a normally open valve and doesn’t close for low pressure, only closes under high pressures. Have you cleaned the filter on the manifold? Does either presoak work correctly?
Yes, the valve that controls the left and right arms that's located on the carriage. It's only a low pressure problem, so maybe one of them is sticking and not opening completely. Yes, checked the manifold filter and it was clean as a whistle. No, both presoaks have the same problem.

Jsshac

Reaction score
Yes, the valve that controls the left and right arms that's located on the carriage. It's only a low pressure problem, so maybe one of them is sticking and not opening completely. Yes, checked the manifold filter and it was clean as a whistle. No, both presoaks have the same problem.
Have you checked and cleaned the foam pad and screen in the manifold? If the wax functions work I would look at the check valves on the manifold and then the injectors on the ICS inside.

NewGuy401

Reaction score
Have you checked and cleaned the foam pad and screen in the manifold? If the wax functions work I would look at the check valves on the manifold and then the injectors on the ICS inside.
There is no foam pad, just a plastic mesh in the manifold and its clean. All new check valves on the manifold, all new injectors for presoaks and waxes... all of this has made an improvement, but it's just not as even of a coating as I want.

Etowah

Jsshac

Reaction score
There is no foam pad, just a plastic mesh in the manifold and its clean. All new check valves on the manifold, all new injectors for presoaks and waxes... all of this has made an improvement, but it's just not as even of a coating as I want.
If that’s the case sounds like you may need a bigger injector. What size injector are you using

NewGuy401

Reaction score
If that’s the case sounds like you may need a bigger injector. What size injector are you using
Originally had 0.057 and then found the original installation manual. It called for 0.110 or something. Closest I could find was a 0.106 so that's what's in it now. Like I've said, it's a heck of a lot better but still not perfect.

Timmb

Reaction score
Hi my name is Timm . My number is 518-469-1319. I have the same machine I have had the same problems. Give me a call if you still need help with it and you want to talk.