What's new

Rod Ends

Warrior Wash

Reaction score
Anyone know the specs/dimensions of the rod ends on a 2.0 and a good place to purchase them. Thanks.

wisheewashee

Reaction score
Take the rod end to NAPA auto parts. They will have a match. I can't remember the number off hand but they actually had them in stock.

Reds

Reaction score
My WW2.0 rod ends are 7/16" bore, 7/16"-20 right hand thread. I don't know how the price compares to NAPA but Applied.com has a huge variety of female rod ends and prices vary depending on the grade, ball material, housing material, manufacturer, etc. I replaced most of mine with rod ends that have grease fittings. But on one side of the gantry I used rod ends with oil impregnated bronze inserts. That was 18 months ago and I am watching to see which type last the longest. My own preference is for Heim brand. I paid $13.81 each for the Heim ends.

Reds

Reaction score
One thing to consider is that the rod ends in the boom require a little more work to get at them to grease them. So high grade rod ends with oilite bearings may be a better choice for the boom.

Buzzie8

Reaction score
I replaced by rod ends at NAPA. I took one in and they matched it up. If you have trouble I might be able to find the NAPA part number somewhere. Let me know.