What's new

Robbers caught in Cols. Ohio

gearhead

Reaction score
2 dirtbags attempted to pry into one of my access machines on 12/16/10. The alarm sounded and off they went. Filed a police report and I showed the video to the officer. unfortunately my video didnt get a good face shot of either of the 2. Fortunately these crooks were dumb as posts and were caught the very next night at a carwash about a mile and a half away tring to break into some vacs.(along with a look out) There just happened to be someone awake in the neighboring apartments @ 12:45 AM and saw them through a window in action and called the police. They had the same clothes on as they did the night before. Needless to say i am sleeping a little better since. Lucky for me this was only a good learning experiance as far as camera placement goes. From what i am reading this seems to happen in Columbus too often. Wouldnt you just love to catch these guys in the act?

mjc3333

Reaction score
Had a similar attempt about a year ago. Caught them with my cameras, they went in front of the magistrate, were basically slapped on the wrist because they did not get any money, so it was only considered criminal mischief / vandalism, not attempted robbery which would have landed them behind bars. Had over $2,000 worth of damage. They are suppose to pay restitution.... I will never see any money from this!