What's new

ro solenoid

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
I have a blinking light on my plc that I'm pretty sure is warning me of a failing solenoid for my reject water. I'm getting reject water even when the ro pump is not running. On the front of the bench near the floats is a sign that says "flush solenoid valve". Is that the one I probably need?
Thanks,
J

MEP001

Reaction score
It's not likely a warning, it should only be telling you that the RO flush is on. There's no way for it to know that the solenoid is failing.

Are you certain the RO make-up pump isn't running? The one that makes the RO water is fairly quiet and can't be heard over the other equipment.

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
No I'm not certain of anything (you have probably realized this by many of my past posts!). My ro reject goes into my ss holding tank. The day before yesterday I heard it overflowing which is not unusual as I do much more auto business than ss. What I did notice was a solid stream about as big as my pinkie coming out of the reject hose and I did not hear anything running. Yesterday I noticed the blinking light again and climbed up to look and there was a "hard dribble" coming out of the reject hose and again I could not hear anything running. For the record I can't hear $hit, even without stuff running. When I pushed the pump contactor a coule of times the stream stopped. I thought the solenoid might be failing. I know very little about my JC pump bench since I just learn about stuff when it messes up. I'm at the 5 1/2 year point now and it seems that I am about to learn a lot about it, unfortunately.
Thanks,
J