What's new

RO Membrane Supplier for Coleman RO

Buzzie8

Reaction score
Anyone replace their JCC RO membranes. Coleman wants $417. I know these are around $250 everywhere else. I want to replace the two membranes in my system. All I know is that they are 4"x40" and they are JCC part #62132. It lists a membrane and an element part #62132-2 as well. I want to replace but would prefer to buy elsewhere. It also has a number AKA-1600 which I believe means that it is rated for 1600 gallons a day.

robtl

central Ky
Reaction score
Anyone replace their JCC RO membranes. Coleman wants $417. I know these are around $250 everywhere else. I want to replace the two membranes in my system. All I know is that they are 4"x40" and they are JCC part #62132. It lists a membrane and an element part #62132-2 as well. I want to replace but would prefer to buy elsewhere. It also has a number AKA-1600 which I believe means that it is rated for 1600 gallons a day.
Call up Dultmeier they have them much cheaper than that.

Buzzie8

Reaction score
Do you think they will have a JCC part # or will be able to cross reference. I am trying to avoid taking the element out then putting it back in then taking it back out when I get the replacement.

washnvac

Reaction score
I just got mine from freshwatersystems.com. A little bit cheaper than Kleen-Rite and Duiltmeier. LP-4040 is the # for the 4 inch by 40 inch membranes. 2900 gpd.

washnvac

Reaction score
Cancel that previous post--those were for a different unit. The ones I got for the jc unit were the Filmtec part # TW30-4040 @ 2400gpd. $224.88 each. Plus only $14 to ship three of them.

Buzzie8

Reaction score
Is there any easy way to change the activated charcoal in the cylinder? Will a shop vac work?

MEP001

Reaction score
Search for changing softener resin - it's the same process.

Buzzie8

Reaction score
I finally have everything to start my RO maintenance. I wanted to change the activated carbon tomorrow but I have two questions:
1. The guy from Wood Bros. Said any clean gravel would work as a gravel bed then I read online that it had to be round smooth gravel. I bought three bags of multi-purpose gravel from Home Depot that I was going to rinse off and use as a bed. Is this OK.
2. I wanted to also install new RO membranes but heard I needed to back flush the activated carbon first. Not sure how to do this. I am guessing there is way to activate the back flush mode but not sure how. Do I need to back flush before installing RO and how do you back flush?
Thanks for all your help!!
Buzzie

MEP001

Reaction score
It needs to be filter gravel which is usually flint or granite, not just any gravel. You'd be better off reusing the old gravel in the tank than using something you bought at Home Depot. If it contains limestone it will slowly dissolve in the softened water. You should be able to siphon the charcoal right off the top of the gravel bed without disturbing it and just pour new charcoal right on top of it.

You don't need to backflush the carbon filter first, just run water through it with the outlet going to drain until it looks clear. Your prefilter will catch anything that doesn't get flushed out. Activated carbon doesn't get activated by being backflushed; in fact the only purpose for the backflush is supposedly to keep the flow of water through the media from creating channels through it which can reduce its effectiveness in removing the chlorine.