What's new

Rinse Free dosen't work in one of my bays

Etowah

gee gee

Reaction score
When the rinse free is selected in the bay, I can hear an electrical hum in the equipment room. If I tap on the regulator the motor will come on. I have changed out the regulator with another bay, same issue. I've also change the solenoid and replaced the diaphragm to no avail. Electrical wattage matches the other bay, as well. What am I missing?

MEP001

Reaction score
Do you mean "spot free?"

What is your equipment setup?

gee gee

Reaction score
It is an older system, I believe from Gin San. 3 filters with water to holding tank. When demanded from bay, solenoid (diaphragm) opens to allow water to flow. Pressure controlled by KR pressure regulator (low pressure type). When doesn't flow I can rap against the pressure reg. and it will start the flow and motor. Again I can hear a hum trying to kick in. Thanks

MEP001

Reaction score
What pumps the water, the bay pump?

Is this the spot-free rinse or the high pressure rinse?

Has anything been changed since this started happening?

It doesn't make sense that rapping on a regulator would make the pump come on. Can you post a picture of the regulator and pump?

gee gee

Reaction score
What pumps the water, the bay pump?

Is this the spot-free rinse or the high pressure rinse?

Has anything been changed since this started happening?

It doesn't make sense that rapping on a regulator would make the pump come on. Can you post a picture of the regulator and pump?
After reading your response, I took a look at all my options and believe it's the 1/3 hp pump.

MEP001

Reaction score
I doubt that since GinSan doesn't usually use a 1/3 hp pump for the bays. Now it sounds like whatever you were rapping on was part of the production unit.