What's new

Ring-O-Matic 1000T

ErikM

Reaction score
I am an intern at Ring-O-Matic this summer and I have been tasked with making improvements to the 1000T Pit Cleaner. As I have used the machine and read through these forums a large problem that I am seeing is sludge from the pits gets stuck in the box during dumping and requires more work to remove. I've seen many people say that they place a sheet of plastic in the box before cleaning the pits and that helps everything slide out easier.

For those who do this, do you leave the plastic where you dump?

For those who do not do this but have a similar problem, would creating an attachment that holds a roll of plastic sheeting that you could lay down in the box before cleaning be beneficial?

Feel free to suggest any other improvements/fixes you might think of!

soapy

Reaction score
I would think the bottom of the box could be lined with plastic board like farm tech sells. 3/8 or 1/2 inch would work I think.

mjc3333

Reaction score
Use a section of FRP board. We made spot on the board to connect to the dump bed. That way you don't loose the board each time you dump. A piece of flat stock with holes drilled into the board, then just some eye hooks bolted to the board, then connected to rings welded in the dump bed. You can setup it up a zillion different ways, just make it permanent on the dump bed, then you can take off the board for the final cleanup. Seems a bit much, BUT the mud slides right out each and every time.

Rfarm

Reaction score
Probably not simple fixes but I know on and dump trailers the front of the trailer is narrower than the back end. The other thing if it would dump at a steeper angle by changing the stroke of the cylinder but I don’t know how much that would change The hinge points. I have got an old 450 and I put 3/16 white plastic on the floor and fastened it only on the front. It’s still didn’t wanna dump consistently so I put another piece that is 2 feet long on some chains mounted to the front so that will help get the load to start moving. It works good most of the time. I have also put down cardboard on the floor and then put the dirt on top of it just so everything wouldn’t stick. That worked well except for it was trashy with the cardboard in the dirt after it dumped.