What's new

Rhino Mat Cleaners - yes or no?

charliewash59

Reaction score
Hello - advice on offering a Rhino Mat Cleaner??
We are planning on buying one and charging $5 to wash your mats (self serve)
They are not cheap - plus we do need a cement slab installed, electric, water service to be up and running.
Is it worth while in your opinion - does anyone know the percentage of customers that will use the cleaner?
Thank you in advance for any knowledge on installing this and having it be an add service to our operation.

MEP001

Reaction score
FWIW I've only seen mat cleaners at two washes, owned by the same person. It wasn't a Rhino, it was a Dralco unit that didn't use water. They had it set up for free use. He told me customers loved it and would drive past two other car washes to come to his wash mostly because of the mat cleaner.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have a Dralco I bought used from a good buddy. I poured my own concrete ( easy and fun), anchored it down, plugged it in to an outdoor outlet in front of my wash and bought new decals for it. It looks new. I charge $1. Customers love it. Even if it gets used lightly, it's one of those pieces of equipment that differentiates my wash from competitors. IMO, if they want to be as good as me, they have to have all the offerings I have.

Also, it's a great tool to have for the detail shop; dry brushing the mats when they are really dirty is a big help to our detail staff.

I think $5 to clean mats is too high, but that's just my opinion.

Rainway

Reaction score
I have a Dralco I bought used from a good buddy. I poured my own concrete ( easy and fun), anchored it down, plugged it in to an outdoor outlet in front of my wash and bought new decals for it. It looks new. I charge $1. Customers love it. Even if it gets used lightly, it's one of those pieces of equipment that differentiates my wash from competitors. IMO, if they want to be as good as me, they have to have all the offerings I have.

Also, it's a great tool to have for the detail shop; dry brushing the mats when they are really dirty is a big help to our detail staff.

I think $5 to clean mats is too high, but that's just my opinion.
By chance did you add CryptoPay credit card swiper to it?

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
No because at the rate of use for the mat brusher it would take me about 285 years to earn the money back that I spent on the Swiper