What's new

RFID Problem

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Sorry I don't have RFID for my wash but was at another wash and happen to see the new way of cheating, husband who has the RFID tag on his windshield pulls up to the RFID I think it was a Xpresswash model for a in-bay well the reader scans it activates the wash then he proceeds to back up and waves his wife or girlfriend to go though the wash. I had to get out and call the owner of the wash with this guys license plate alerting him of the "Theft of Service" and just to be sure that the other vehicle didn't have a tag I waited at the end of the wash to see if it did have a tag it didn't so I don't know how many times a RFID tag can activate a wash with Unlimited washes in a day but that ****ed me off.

easywash

Reaction score
Rfid

I would highly suggest that anyone using an RFID system restrict the daily washing to Once. Then tell your customers if they want to wash more than once a day they need to get a code from the office.

This will get rid of 95% of the fraud issues.

Bucksavage

Reaction score
Good work

I have to say, with our busy schedules and all that was very nice of yo to take the time and reort this to the owner. I hope he appreciated it, I sure would.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
*UPDATE* The owner of the wash has since told me that he contacted the customer in question and canceled his contract due to this and yes he was very happy to see other wash owners looking out for each other also he changed his system to "once" a day wash pass he said the reason he had it setup that way is because alot of his morning customers would wash before work then afternoon rain would come and they had the option to rewash well that changed.

AutoWashMan

Reaction score
No matter what you do to try to stop cheating, some low lives will find a way to beat the system. Best thing to do is tell people about it when you see it. We are each other's best defense.