What's new

Rewarding Top Customers

robert roman

Bob Roman
Reaction score
“The problem seems to be that while the pie has not grown significantly the pieces have gotten a lot smaller.”

By most accounts, the pie shrank by some 18 percent and only over the last several years have industry wash revenues started growing slightly.

I’m aware of what’s happened in Atlanta because I once had a lot of project work there.

Agreed, many folks built washes there that were ill-advised. However, it is difficult to tell someone their location isn’t quite suitable when they believe they are joining a gold rush.

“I think part of the problem is a combination of panic and a lack of understanding of the market on the behalf of the manufacturers and disconnect between them and their distributors that has caused some of the issues.”

Yes, two part problem. First part was Big Oil’s exit from retail gasoline selling and convenience store business and second was over 60 percent drop in overall carwash equipment spending.

Only RYKO was best prepared for aftermath because of the company’s established service network.

Why do you think Sonny’s has forayed into China to show equipment dealers Sonny’s way of doing business? I believe this could be Sonny’s first step towards manufacturing equipment in China.

After all, carwash equipment spending isn’t going to come roaring back anytime soon based on economic growth.