What's new

reversing conveyor

chadrpalmer

Reaction score
I feel like ive seen this addressed before, but cannot find any reference, maybe it was another forum. We are considering reversing the layout of the car wash. Has anyone ever tried pulling the car by the passanger side tire? I guess my ultimate question is, "Why not?"

Washmee

Fullservice Tunnel
Reaction score
It might be harder for the customer to align his tires to the conveyor. The only thing I can think of.

robert roman

Bob Roman
Reaction score
I’ve had several clients that reversed the flow of the conveyor (change exit to entrance). The purpose was to change full-service to flexible service format.

What advantage or reason is there for changing the orientation of the conveyor from left side of tunnel to right side?

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Have seen it done succesfuly. I am sure there will be a learning curve.

I hope you are not just trying to run the existing conveyor in reverse.

chadrpalmer

Reaction score
well, not literally run it in reverse. move the drive to the other end, move all equipment, yes, to convert to flex-serve, really only realistic way to do so with our layout....trying to avoid the big cost of a whole lot of concrete work, we can do most of the rest ourselves. funny enough, this conveyor was installed and runs without a reversing option.